EEVblog > News/Suggestions/Help

New Off Topic Hobbies Section

<< < (17/19) > >>

tggzzz:

--- Quote from: RoGeorge on December 04, 2021, 01:44:16 pm ---I don't think this forum should be reorganized for the laziness of mobile scrolling, because EE (for either work or hobby) requires a desktop/laptop PC, not a mobile.

Mobile posting will rather dilute the forum with short bloat comments.  From a mobile one can barely type punctuation.

--- End quote ---

Very true.

Ed.Kloonk:
An EE forum where it's users argue about what truly is signal and what is noise.

Grand.
 :)

EEVblog:

--- Quote from: RoGeorge on December 04, 2021, 01:44:16 pm ---I don't think this forum should be reorganized for the laziness of mobile scrolling, because EE (for either work or hobby) requires a desktop/laptop PC, not a mobile.
Mobile posting will rather dilute the forum with short bloat comments.  From a mobile one can barely type punctuation.

--- End quote ---

It's not for mobile scrolling, it's also for desktop. I hate having to scroll, the more compact it is the better IMO. I like how it's shorter now.

EEVblog:

--- Quote from: Shock on December 04, 2021, 12:01:01 pm ---It makes sense, you have the test gear, thermal, then soldering and tools, manufacturing and assembling the pcb then machining the housing or any other fabrication or automation discussion.

"Manufacturing & Assembly"
Manufactured or Home Brewed PCBs. Assembly methods Reflow or Pick & Place etc.

"Mechanical & Automation Engineering"
Machining, Fabrication, Robotics, CNC and other automation.

--- End quote ---

I like that. Done. We Robotics now merged to "Mechanical & Automation Engineering", giving us one less category.

EEVblog:

--- Quote from: Shock on December 04, 2021, 12:01:01 pm ---RoGeorge,
The Computer and EDA forums are still there. What you are suggesting adds about a third to the size of the forums list for no gain in usability for most forum members. That is before you include descriptions and white space, once you do that it almost doubles. People coming to the forums (unless they are regulars, who know the forum layout well) don't want to hunt through massive lists to find topics, even on a mobile phone - too many swipes.

--- End quote ---

I agree, visually is harder and adds no value.
The catgerogies are mostly all still there but now it doesn't look as overwhelming.
I can however see an argument for putting Embedded computing under the Electronics section just under Microcontrollers instead of beign a child category under the Computing section?  :-//

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version