EEVblog > News/Suggestions/Help

New Off Topic Hobbies Section

<< < (18/19) > >>

magic:
One remaining point of confusion is "programming". Maybe it should be renamed "software development" or something?

Problems:
IIRC it occasionally receives MCU-specific questions which would be answered faster and better by the crowd from "microcontrollers" board.
It occasionally receives questions about physical programming of flash memories, MCUs and the like and all the related computer software and dongles, which really is quite a different topic than 99% of the content on that board. I'm not even sure where those questions should go?

edit
Or maybe it's not a big deal; I just tried to find some examples of such threads in "programming" and had to go back half a year.
Still, not sure what would be the best place for a topic like flashing SPI memories or vintage EEPROMs?

tggzzz:
These changes in the taxonomy will be better in some ways and worse in others; that's always the case.

For my part my interaction is rarely with the "front page", but is via:

* "unread replies", for posts that probably interest me
* "unread posts", for new topics that might just interest me
* searching via google or the "search in topic" mechanismso I won't notice any changes in the taxonomy.

sandalcandal:
Just dropping by to say I like the updated organisation of topics/boards  :-+

EEVblog:

--- Quote from: sandalcandal on December 19, 2021, 08:50:37 am ---Just dropping by to say I like the updated organisation of topics/boards  :-+

--- End quote ---

I like it too, it's more organised and compact.

EEVblog:

--- Quote from: magic on December 05, 2021, 07:39:33 am ---Still, not sure what would be the best place for a topic like flashing SPI memories or vintage EEPROMs?

--- End quote ---

When in doubt post in the General Chat section, and often we'll get a report from someone that it really belongs in X section.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version