Author Topic: NEWS: Forum reverted to backup  (Read 30739 times)

Offline YetAnotherTechie

• Regular Contributor
Re: NEWS: Forum reverted to backup
« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2021, 06:44:14 pm »
Just checked, asked a member to send me a personal message, and nope, no notifications for followed topics or personal messages  :'(
I'm using hotmail.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2021, 09:49:33 pm »
Just checked, asked a member to send me a personal message, and nope, no notifications for followed topics or personal messages  :'(
I'm using hotmail.
You need deeply check your profile settings.
Get PM's almost daily from all manner of EEVblog members ranging from Zero posters to those with 10k+ posts.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #127 on: May 14, 2021, 10:17:25 pm »
There's nothing arriving at outlook.com for reference here. Not getting PM notifications.

To note, outlook.com is notoriously dicky about what it will accept. Literally any deviant config in your SPF/DKIM and sender addressing and it'll shitcan you.

Worth whoever looks after the mail to check here: https://sendersupport.olc.protection.outlook.com/snds/index.aspx
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 10:22:57 pm by bd139 »

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #128 on: May 14, 2021, 10:22:04 pm »
Working fine on Gmail.

@Dave are you still using the native SMF email or are you doing something different with it that might be getting blacklisted by some?
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #129 on: May 15, 2021, 03:53:23 am »
Working fine on Gmail.

@Dave are you still using the native SMF email or are you doing something different with it that might be getting blacklisted by some?

Native SMF, unless gnif has changed it back, but I didn't think there were any plans for that.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #130 on: May 15, 2021, 03:57:38 am »
Working fine on Gmail.

Native SMF, unless gnif has changed it back, but I didn't think there were any plans for that.

Quite possible the forum might be Blacklisted then. Have a look at this too https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/E-Mails_-_Why_are_members_not_getting_emails_sent_from_the_forum

Quick check of the error log will eliminate issues at the SMF send end at least.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf