Author Topic: Possible Bug: Downloading attachment from forum post results in wrong file  (Read 1630 times)

Offline sir_cedric_lexTopic starter

I've got a problem with the following post: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/ch341a-serial-memory-programmer-power-supply-fix/msg3135904/#msg3135904

When I try to download the second attachment (1618.03 kB, 2557x3300) named ch341aProB+.jpeg it should be the large version of this thumbnail:

Instead it downloads the third attachment (51.99 kB, 1270x738) named 3dview.png of the linked post and just changes the filename to ch341aProB+.jpeg.

Is there a trick to get the right file or can a mod correct the download link to make it work as intended?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 05:33:26 pm by sir_cedric_lex »

Online Ian.M

• Super Contributor
This forum has had various bugs that scramble image attachments.  I suggest getting that file from Jake's Github repo: https://github.com/Upcycle-Electronics/CH341A-Pro

Offline sir_cedric_lexTopic starter

Thank you for the quick reply!

I was already aware of the GitHub repo. Unfortunately the picture ch341aProB+.jpeg in the repo is identical to the picture ch341aProA+.jpeg of the repo/forum post. Sounds complicated, but there is just a duplicate file in the repo as well. I even checked the repo commits, but to no avail.
The picture ch341aProB+.jpeg of the repo is definitely different in appearance to the thumb of ch341aProB+.jpeg in the EEVblog forum post.

The EEVblog forum post might have been the only place where the real picture ch341aProB+.jpeg was uploaded correctly before the attachment scramble happened, thus it is most unfortunate that the download does not work.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 04:58:47 pm by sir_cedric_lex »

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 10:03:03 pm by thm_w »
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf