Author Topic: Suggestion of Posts in EEVBlog  (Read 2790 times)

Offline MechatrommerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
Suggestion of Posts in EEVBlog
« on: April 07, 2010, 05:07:38 pm »
hi Dave. i'm a newcomer here. But been a member on different blogs, i saw the posts in this blog/forum are still quite limited (not many). So here i'm just suggesting it would be nice if you have such Sections/Posts/Forums on the following:

1) Equipments (product review/suggestion/discussion by other member)
2) Techniques (specific on EE useful/common techiniques)
3) Buy and Sell (Where forum member can sell their unused things or provide services)
4) Manufacturer/Supplier (Manufacturer can promote/describe explain/discuss their product here)
5) Career Guidance (suggestion/discussion/offer from member or other company)
6) Events (thing that happening relating to EE, conference, contest etc) but i think you've it covered in News Section
7) Personality (maybe you can pick any VIP out there or forum member to intro on their contribution in earlier or current EE discipline)

thats just my 2 cents opinion, no harm will occured if those are not done :)
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline RayJones

• Frequent Contributor
    • Personal Website
Re: Suggestion of Posts in EEVBlog
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 12:49:15 am »
full time dealer, should be charged to post/advertise their product

Yes, I agree, I just looked at Buy & Sell and immediately groaned at the first reply to the bench meter thread.
Just like a door to door salesmen, people do not appreciate (or I don't at least) having items thrust upon them.

Second Thread is the same commercial interest placing a full on ad, which no doubt is not paid for

Spam Spam SPAM

Grrrrr

Offline desolatordan

• Regular Contributor
Re: Suggestion of Posts in EEVBlog
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 03:14:16 am »
full time dealer, should be charged to post/advertise their product

Yes, I agree, I just looked at Buy & Sell and immediately groaned at the first reply to the bench meter thread.
Just like a door to door salesmen, people do not appreciate (or I don't at least) having items thrust upon them.

Second Thread is the same commercial interest placing a full on ad, which no doubt is not paid for

Spam Spam SPAM

Grrrrr

Same reaction here. Many forums with buy/sell forums don't allow businesses for that reason. It's like running a club and putting a sign on the door that says "Solicit here!". In forums that allow corporate representatives, they are best only there to offer support (usually via PM), and do no soliciting whatsoever.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf