Author Topic: Tapatalk has been removed  (Read 24527 times)

Offline eugenenine

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Tapatalk has been removed
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2017, 12:34:08 pm »
If you could just turn off the constant nagging to install tapatalk.  I tried it and couldn't stand it, the interface was too apple like so I just use a browser but get asked every single page to install it.

It's only supposed to nag once.

It doesn't do a good job of detecting 'once'. Has nagged me lots. Comment out the nag, job done.
Yeah. No-one asked to have Tapatalk removed, just the incessant popup that comes and goes like herpes.

What I will say is that I did get a popup but so far I've only received it once - maybe removing and reinstalling the plugin fixed what ever was borked?

Maybe the removal and reinstall fixed it, I just tried this morning and didn't get the nag.
The mobile view though is still slower than the full site though.  I got the nag once when I switched to full size and that was it.

The mobile site at the bottom aid there was an error while thanking thanking :)

Offline batteksystem

• Regular Contributor
    • My ebay store
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2017, 02:12:45 pm »
I stop using it because laterly it always show add after I read 1 or 2 posts, very annoying. I haven't uninstall it though.

Offline hendorog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2017, 07:12:36 pm »
If you could just turn off the constant nagging to install tapatalk.  I tried it and couldn't stand it, the interface was too apple like so I just use a browser but get asked every single page to install it.

It's only supposed to nag once.

It doesn't do a good job of detecting 'once'. Has nagged me lots. Comment out the nag, job done.
Yeah. No-one asked to have Tapatalk removed, just the incessant popup that comes and goes like herpes.

What I will say is that I did get a popup but so far I've only received it once - maybe removing and reinstalling the plugin fixed what ever was borked?

Maybe the removal and reinstall fixed it, I just tried this morning and didn't get the nag.
The mobile view though is still slower than the full site though.  I got the nag once when I switched to full size and that was it.

The mobile site at the bottom aid there was an error while thanking thanking :)

Just after posting I tried on my phone - the full desktop page on the phone - and got both the nag and a banner at the top of the page.

Anyway google found this;
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=508947.0

Offline EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2017, 09:01:18 pm »
So it seems some people get the nagging continuously and some get it once as intended?

Offline gnavigator1007

• Supporter
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2017, 09:04:13 pm »
I get intermittent nagging. Won't have to deal with it for awhile, but then if I see it once I'll see it several more times over the next few days before it leaves me alone again

Offline RGB255_0_0

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2017, 09:20:04 pm »
I get intermittent nagging. Won't have to deal with it for awhile, but then if I see it once I'll see it several more times over the next few days before it leaves me alone again
Needs to be clarified if the issues with Tapatalk spamming popups is since circa 12 hours ago when the plugin was re-installed.

Or that people are talking about longer ago.

So far I haven't used the phone much today but after the initial message I had in the morning (UK) I haven't been bothered by it.

Time will tell though.  :popcorn:
Your toaster just set fire to an African child over TCP.

Offline gnavigator1007

• Supporter
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2017, 09:21:52 pm »
I see, sorry about that. I've only seen it once so far today

Offline JPortici

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2017, 06:57:26 am »
The SMF4Mobile plugin should handle a mobile friendly version of the site.
Let's see how many complaints I get...

oh god. so. early. '00. (great on the pc, very minimalistic, but not really smartphone friendly)
looks like the microchip forum.
that's how mobile friendly it is :/
even though there should be an alternative to tapatalk: with the last update some months ago they asked permission to access my contacts list. never updated since

Online Doctorandus_P

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2020, 09:57:05 am »
The only reason I know some tapatalk thing exists is by lots of texts with "send with tapatalk" added to forum posts, and I find these unrelated advertisements quite annoying.

Apparently it's possible for individual users to remove such texts from their posts, but applications which add such idiocy should have no place in this world.

Edit:
After posting this I found this newer thread from 2019:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/suggestions/please-abandon-tapatalk-(clickjacking!)/

Which may explain that these added text strings are less / or gone lately.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 10:10:09 am by Doctorandus_P »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf