Author Topic: Using Artificial Intelligence as a Lab Tool  (Read 6076 times)

Offline jonovidTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • JONOVID
Using Artificial Intelligence as a Lab Tool
« on: February 18, 2023, 10:59:47 am »
have OpenAI artificial intelligence
design Arduino hardware and software for one-off projects.  example-
I need piano player software to run an Arduino via programmed MIDI piano music that will matrix a 4 octave output in to a 6-String electric guitar via 6 motors & 6 solenoids.

or example have OpenAI help
design hardware, electronic circuits limited by what you have available now in the lab.
design electronic circuits from ideas posted on the forum.  Dave's circuit of the week.
when your time is limited.  have OpenAI make a shortlist of video ideas for you. 

or example have OpenAI
evaluate what is best for your time by web crawling your own forum.  indexing data on the topics best suited for video ideas
 have OpenAI make a shortlist of video ideas for you.     

have OpenAI help with your time management. lab floor management. map out you lab ,were space is limited.
infinity management. the use of test equipment.
Hobbyist with a basic knowledge of electronics

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
Re: Using Artificial Intelligence as a Lab Tool
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 12:23:33 pm »
Did you try any of those ideas? What did the results look like?
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline jonovidTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • JONOVID
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 01:26:24 pm »
Did you try any of those ideas? What did the results look like?
no phone   :-[  they say you must have one  to use it  , just like to see if others can do it
Hobbyist with a basic knowledge of electronics

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2023, 05:03:31 pm »
no phone   :-[  they say you must have one  to use it  , just like to see if others can do it

What do you use to make phone calls?
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Online Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2023, 09:03:16 am »
It's not artificial Intelligence, it is artificial Idiocy.

Why?

Do you call people who can parrot a text book without understanding its content, even if using their own words, intelligent?  I do not, I call them literate idiots.

True intelligence is about the ability to solve problems one has not encountered before.  (Indeed, g-factor, or "general intelligence", is exactly that, and is what intelligence quotient tests attempt to estimate.)

I know the average IQ of humans has been in steady decline for the last few thousand years at least, so it's nothing surprising.  What is so surprising to me, is how excited people are about these chatbots.  I wonder if instead of playing with chatbots, they should take some time off in the woods or desert, and reconnect with their own biological nature, and their own symbiotes and the nature that supports their very existence.

(Don't bother labeling me a Luddite.  I happen to be familiar with both the theory and practice involved here.)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf