EEVblog > News/Suggestions/Help

What should I do with this copyright infringement?

(1/2) > >>

hesam.moshiri:
Hello,

I just realized that somebody has copied my YouTube video 100%, put a piece of music on, and covered the logo with his own logo, what should I do with this guy?

original:

copy:

bitseeker:
Submit a copyright takedown request to YouTube:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2807622?hl=en

jonpaul:
Assume that every image and video placed on the internet is going to be copied, reused, or modified, unless protected by DRM.

Does the original video have a marking "copyright 20xx ( name) all rights reserved "

Check your région's law on "fair use", marking and copyright law.

is it even worth the effort?

Jon

AnalogueLove1867:

--- Quote from: jonpaul on July 03, 2022, 04:37:22 am ---Assume that every image and video placed on the internet is going to be copied, reused, or modified, unless protected by DRM.

Does the original video have a marking "copyright 20xx ( name) all rights reserved "

Jon

--- End quote ---

Uh... Yes sir, it is worth the effort.
Unless you believe in stealing.
This is obvious blatant theft.
It is obvious who the originator is and sometimes google is pretty quick with issues like this.

wraper:

--- Quote from: jonpaul on July 03, 2022, 04:37:22 am ---Assume that every image and video placed on the internet is going to be copied, reused, or modified, unless protected by DRM.

Jon

--- End quote ---
For Youtube it's basically US laws that matter. At least in regard of using IP of others. This cannot possibly fall under fair use as there is no transformative work done whatsoever and it directly competes with original work.

--- Quote ---"copyright 20xx ( name) all rights reserved "
--- End quote ---
Means nothing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version