EEVblog > News/Suggestions/Help

Zero-posters Purged

(1/17) > >>

EEVblog:
The regular purge of zero-poster forum accounts had occurred.
Now counting about 17000 active accounts.
Just keeping the stats tidy!

tautech:
While you're busy doing the housekeeping, why not make a country flag compulsory?

Anybody else second this?

free_electron:

--- Quote from: tautech on March 16, 2015, 04:22:51 am ---While you're busy doing the housekeeping, why not make a country flag compulsory?

Anybody else second this?

--- End quote ---
Not only country flag , but region as well

mrflibble:

--- Quote from: free_electron on March 16, 2015, 04:43:58 am ---Not only country flag , but region as well

--- End quote ---
Not only region, but address, income and size of household as well.

--- Quote from: wilfred on March 16, 2015, 05:20:00 am ---It is generally handy to better assist people but I'm OK with not forcing those who have personal reasons to not want to make their location public.

--- End quote ---
Indeed. More information helps in better giving advice when people ask where to buy such and such, but if they don't indicate location in their profile you can always ask. Plus if you make it mandatory, people who don't want to give a location will just select any ole random location. :-//

EEVblog:

--- Quote from: wilfred on March 16, 2015, 05:20:00 am ---There was a thread a few years ago about country flags. Some people were reluctant as I recall. I think that was where the black flag may have come into use. Not certain about that.  I may have just noticed it then for the first time.
It is generally handy to better assist people but I'm OK with not forcing those who have personal reasons to not want to make their location public.

--- End quote ---

The final opinion seemed to be that it would force many to put a false country, so just as bad or perhaps worse as no country?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version