Electronics > Open Source Hardware

"Laureline" embedded GPS NTP server

<< < (9/11) > >>

alex.forencich:
This looks like a really cool project.  I need IEEE 1588 (PTP) support, though.  And a stable 10 MHz output would be very nice as well.  I have been looking around for a reasonably-priced solution that provides those features for a while now, but no luck.  Any possibility of those features in a later revision?

baldusi:
I know this is very advanced. But may I inquire if adding a POE option is too expensive? With it I could leave it in the ducts between the switch and the antenna, almost like a truly embedded solution.

mrflibble:

--- Quote from: baldusi on December 05, 2014, 04:48:51 pm ---I know this is very advanced. But may I inquire if adding a POE option is too expensive? With it I could leave it in the ducts between the switch and the antenna, almost like a truly embedded solution.

--- End quote ---

See this post: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/oshw/%27laureline%27-embedded-gps-ntp-server/msg217830/#msg217830

reneen:
Hi,

I am trying to get a hold of GTXI (I think his name is Michael), as I ordered and started building a couple of boards, I would like to find out which metal case he had used.  I cant find one with the internal measurement of 49mm X 80mm. Also if he has an suggestions in regards to updating the firmware or hardware.

If anyone else can chime in with any information, I certainly would appreciate it.

Renee

PS:  I know that this is a 2014 project, but it seems to be well done!

AndrewBCN:

--- Quote from: reneen on September 30, 2021, 10:27:37 pm ---Hi,
I am trying to get a hold of GTXI (I think his name is Michael), ...

--- End quote ---

Hi Renee,
It seems gtxi has not logged in since 2014, and the repository on GitHub has also not been updated for the last 7 years, ditto apparently for his website.
His name is Michael Tharp, his email address is gxti@partiallystapled.com

Note that seven years ago we didn't have cheap and high performance SBC computers to work with. I would guess that in 2021, anybody building a GPS synchronized NTP server would use a readily available RPi or another SBC (instead of going to the trouble of designing a PCB for a low-end STM32F1 MCU), couple that with an inexpensive GPS module with a 1PPS output, and program the "glue" to make it all work under Linux (the Linux kernel has a driver for a 1PPS input for timing purposes). Or at least that's the route I would have suggested to you, if your objective was to build a standards compliant NTP server in the shortest time with a limited budget.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version