Author Topic: Raspberry Pi  (Read 18094 times)

Offline magiccow

• Contributor
Re: Raspberry Pi
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2013, 02:05:46 pm »
I've used the Pi in a couple of projects, running C and PHP applications connecting sensors etc to cloud services (e.g. thingspeak). I've also got some cheap SPI wireless modules, and I'm going to write some code to get an Arduino to send messages to the Pi. 

I have a project to wire up the shed to tell me (via email, SMS etc) when power has gone off to the freezer. Although the more I think about it the more I feel the the Pi is over powered for a task like that.  Current thinking is to use an Arduino or even just an Atmel/PIC chip.
c:\> format c: /s

Offline flattermann1822

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2013, 04:32:41 pm »
First of all, HELLO everybody! I'm new here.

On my pi runs a .net application with mono. I'm writing a program that do some homeautomation stuff at the moment. It's already possible to set GPIO's with my android smartphone. I've connected heating, lights, jealousy,... over relays to them. It makes a lot of fun.

Offline Prime73

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2013, 08:57:53 pm »
How did you resolve a well know problem with hardfloat and mono on RPi? I've been trying to resolve this for a while and ended up switching to softfloat to get my mono stuff working

Offline briandorey

• Regular Contributor
    • Project Blog
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2013, 05:01:25 pm »
I have had one of mine running 24/7 as a data logger for my solar PV  and solar hot water system and it uploads the sensor data to http://home.briandorey.com/ every minute

Offline flattermann1822

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2013, 05:14:41 pm »
How did you resolve a well know problem with hardfloat and mono on RPi? I've been trying to resolve this for a while and ended up switching to softfloat to get my mono stuff working

I took the softfloat version, too. But that's ok for my application.

Offline 99wilksjam

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2013, 01:22:31 am »
Hi there, i'm using it to explore the possibilities in motion capture. Although there are some new products out there now that can make this easier. and are faster. I've seen a new korean computer which is the same size and has 1.7ghz quad core arm

Offline HeyTom

• Contributor
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2013, 01:40:41 pm »
For less then 5 bucks, I turned mine into a way more powerful arduino.

I use the raspberry pi to send I2C commands to a microcontroller.  The microcontroller lets you set pins to analog or digital, input or ouput, pwm and some other stuff, like pulse counting.

I think it's cool because you can use any language you want to program, and then keep log files and access the whole thing through ssh.

here's link to a video of it in action, just using the built-in I2C commands on the pi to dim an LED and drive a servo.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf