Author Topic: Reflow Oven Controller - Attiny 461-based  (Read 25801 times)

Offline mike_58

• Regular Contributor
  • LEGO playground
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 08:00:07 pm by mike_58 »

Offline mike_58

• Regular Contributor
  • LEGO playground
Re: Reflow Oven Controller - Attiny 461-based
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2015, 03:29:45 pm »
This diode will sit inside the oven right ?
What will you use as solder to connect to its wires ?

I want use this small custom PCB to hold diode in reflow oven

No need to solder anything ;)

alternative solution:

I've in my toolbox something like this for PCB and heatsinks assembly >:D

not a good idea... poprivets are aluminum... not guaranteed a good electrical contact. plus you are probably creating four thermocouple junctions  as well as you have dissimilar metals... (cable -> board - board - diode cathode , diode  anode ->board - board -> cable.

i would try this out first before you develop this thing... my gut feeling say 'trouble'....  even if it works that diode die due to electromigration effects.

you are running the thing waaaay too hot. and powered up

Cuper Rivets are avalible as well (Al, Stainless steel, coated,..)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 08:03:13 pm by mike_58 »

Offline fcb

• Super Contributor
  • Test instrument designer/G1YWC
    • Electron Plus
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2015, 07:27:51 pm »
AFAIK no commercial or even hobby level reflow oven uses semiconductor junction temperature sensing - it seems really daft as thermocouples are cheap, come with long leads and are well characterized.

The diode is not designed for cycling at the temperatures your going to need - at least not for long.

Does "not designed for" preclude the possibility that it could work? The OP may add something to the design of reflow temperature sensing.

I'm curious why 4 sensors are needed. It seems to suggest the possibility of uneven temperature. Which one will be used to control the reflow?
Of course your right - I'm not precluding the possibility it might work.

But I can't see any reason you would even try a diode sensor at those temperatures unless you needed to make an ultra cheap device, even then thermocouples will be easier to mount than riveting a diode onto a bit of insulator.
https://electron.plus Power Analysers, VI Signature Testers, Voltage References, Picoammeters, Curve Tracers.

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2015, 07:59:57 pm »
I haven't found the time to install the controller into the oven. Partially, because manually controlling the temperature worked pretty well for several boards so far - switching the heaters on and off while monitoring the temperature with the Multimeter. :)
Human PID?  ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf