Author Topic: Electronic Resources - YouTube - Websites  (Read 188811 times)

Offline Arnþór

Re: List Of Electronics Youtubers - Comprehensive Lists
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2017, 12:38:58 am »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_-S-4Paa9ve6U8-L3xaTwg FFcossag repairs and mods and tests electronics

The following users thanked this post: ez24

Offline Eddy_D

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2017, 12:57:42 am »
Jim Lindenas is a Canadian YouTuber who does similar work as Mr. Carlson (vacuum tube radio restoration)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbi8mX2FEjeeZYIxaIsl-lg
Subs: 5200+

- Eddy_D

Offline bitluni

• Contributor
    • bitluni
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2017, 01:28:15 am »
 :-[
Whaaaat... my channel is missing https://www.youtube.com/bitlunislab I am currently at 28k subs  :-BROKE

Offline seanhodgins

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2017, 01:43:39 am »
Would my channel be able to get put on the list?

https://www.youtube.com/seanhodginsfilms
I design a lot of custom circuit boards and do all sorts of open source projects with Arduino and Raspberry Pis.
Currently at ~6500 subscribers.

The following users thanked this post: ez24, noras

Offline Aravindh

• Electronics Engineer
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2017, 03:05:59 am »
Hi

Here is another one DejanNedelkovski 61K Arduino electronics and mechatronics.

https://www.youtube.com/user/DejanNedelkovski

Offline Chumanista

• Contributor
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2017, 03:21:35 am »
I do electronics too, some kit reviews, tutorials, stuff like that.
Was on a bit of a break due to uni but a lot of content coming soon:
https://www.youtube.com/codeandsolder

Offline Cliff Matthews

• Supporter
    • General Repair and Support
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2017, 04:38:06 am »
..I guess Cliff has something to do with this.  :-+
And my wife blames me for bad weather too  :-DD  Dave is to blame.. he's actually going on a well deserved long holiday?

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2017, 06:39:47 am »
Now about the weather...  it has been too warm

Same here in Sydney.  2 of the last 3 days have been a bit toasty....  It's cooled off to about 35º now.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 12:31:16 am by Brumby »

Offline oksbwn

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2017, 08:57:51 am »
Its nice to get all electronics content creators in one place.Thanks for the effort. 

Can you please check out my channel and see if it fits the list: https://www.youtube.com/weargenius

Cheers

Regards
Bikash

The following users thanked this post: Cliff Matthews, ez24

Offline r.einstein

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2017, 10:05:15 am »
Could you please add my channel? https://www.youtube.com/robledoeinstein

Thanks,

Einstein

Offline diegopulido

• My website (under construction)
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2017, 10:33:44 am »
Hey ! Good day ! I just subscribed, only to write this message ! :)

You can add another future good youtuber, Robin Reiter :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP8W-ZBjIMXOwrbrwOE3wIQ/videos

Cheers from the sunny south of Spain ! ;)

Offline Arnþór

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2017, 11:12:41 am »
https://www.youtube.com/user/nik282000/videos Nick Moore does some high speed videos, some electronics, some physics. An all around cool channel.

Offline Cliff Matthews

• Supporter
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2017, 01:10:58 pm »
EEVblog member "Forced Perfect" has quite a few video's here: https://www.youtube.com/user/forcedp/videos (2K subscribers).

Offline Mr.Martin

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2017, 01:29:26 pm »
I can't find Robert Feranec. He has a nice channel about pcb design.  :-+

https://www.youtube.com/user/matarofe

Offline LektroiD

• Frequent Contributor
  • If it didn't explode, I'm happy.
    • Music here
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2017, 01:33:35 pm »
I'm guessing this is where we add our channel to the list (if this is the wrong place, please move to the appropriate location)...

I'm only a small channel, currently 658 subscribers, I build music electronics and make music with the gear I build, some videos are time-lapse build videos, some demonstrating home built gear, and some making music with the gear I've built...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjEVSF4OjcuprptYUk3RR-w
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 01:35:28 pm by LektroiD »

Offline DrunkElectrons

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2017, 02:05:32 pm »
Kev31779 has 7k subs. He does real-time repairs of audio amplifiers.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt0s3nnCGpl0oe268kN_v7Q

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2017, 02:07:22 pm »
I'm guessing this is where we add our channel to the list (if this is the wrong place, please move to the appropriate location)...

Don't worry, you got it right!

Once ez24 has added you to the list, he will "Thank" your post.

The following users thanked this post: LektroiD, ez24

Offline TheDIYGuy999

• TheDIYGuy999
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2017, 09:21:24 pm »
Hi,
I also have a small electronics channel. Currently about 4400 subscribers. The main focus is on custom made RC electronics. My "Micro RC" system includes a 2.4GHz radio and is also able to control Lego and Meccano vehicles per infrared. I have also designed an Arduino Mega / Due based industrial PLC. The software and the board files of my creations are available on my GitHub.

It would be great, if you could add my channel to the list.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqWO3PNCSjHmYiACDMLr23w
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 09:25:23 pm by TheDIYGuy999 »

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2017, 02:36:22 am »
I think I'm glad when I set up the spreadsheet for two parts, I made allowances for it to go to three - and that ez24 has reserved the third post.

We're still a ways off that - but it is nice to know we have the headroom.

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2017, 02:47:12 pm »
Wow, I didn’t know this list existed. Thanks Cliff Matthews and Brumby for making this list, and Ez24 who seems to be maintaining the forum copy of the list.

I guess when you look at the big picture of how many videos YouTube has, how much content is uploaded daily, how many creators publish videos, this genre is actually pretty small. And yet a lot of the channels have the same idea, I have scrapped 8 or 9 videos because another channel came out with the same videos that same week. I remember a credit card teardown I did, and explaining the chip and pin theory idea behind it. The day I was editing it was the day Dave released a video on it, so I don’t want to viewed as copying someone else’s content, so to the trash bin it went.
You would think with a small community arround electronics we wouldn’t overlap. But it happens a lot more then you would think. Ideas and draft videos of mine have even crossed the same time as AVE.

You would think with such a small % or the big picture every channel would have more subscribers and be thriving. I guess we are at the mercy of YouTube’s algorithms in the end.
So thank you for this listening posted in one of the most popular electronics engineering forums, I’m sure this will help people find content they are looking for while avoiding the youtube suggestion clickbait videos.

Thank you,
Scott
AKA Gadget Review Videos
https://www.youtube.com/c/GadgetReviewVideos
Please be sure to check out my YouTube channel and subscribe if you like the videos. https://www.youtube.com/c/GadgetReviewVideos

By people subscribing and giving thumbs up I know what I am doing is still wanted and adding value, then will continue to release new videos. Thank you for your support.

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2017, 07:13:40 pm »
Wow, I didn’t know this list existed.

I am surprised that you were on the list and did not know it.  Should I notify all members who are on the list and let them know that their YT channel is listed?

No, I wouldn’t go that far. My time is limited and I’ve been focused on other parts of my life. So I just haven’t been on the forum that much unless I get an email notification on a specific thread. Besides, anyone that has a “public youtube” channel wouldn’t complain about being on a list that helps promote the channel. If they do, then they should make the channel private.
It’s a great list, I’ll have to start checking out some of the other channels also now.
Thanks again,
Scott
Please be sure to check out my YouTube channel and subscribe if you like the videos. https://www.youtube.com/c/GadgetReviewVideos

By people subscribing and giving thumbs up I know what I am doing is still wanted and adding value, then will continue to release new videos. Thank you for your support.

Offline Cliff Matthews

• Supporter
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2017, 08:06:27 pm »
...anyone that has a “public youtube” channel wouldn’t complain about being on a list that helps promote the channel.
BTW, nice channel! and good cross section of topics, duly subscribed.
One question though, I've seen only a couple of cases (such as yours) where the subscription count is masked out. If you already have almost a quarter million views, what's the purpose of not showing it? (There are many that subscribe to channels weighted largely on crowd popularity..)

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2017, 09:16:55 pm »
...anyone that has a “public youtube” channel wouldn’t complain about being on a list that helps promote the channel.
BTW, nice channel! and good cross section of topics, duly subscribed.
One question though, I've seen only a couple of cases (such as yours) where the subscription count is masked out. If you already have almost a quarter million views, what's the purpose of not showing it? (There are many that subscribe to channels weighted largely on crowd popularity..)

I almost a quarter million views? Is this good? I don’t check the stats or follow the channel views and stuff.
The channel history, well let’s say I didn’t start it for fame or money, that’s for sure. . I monetized a few videos to try and recover cost on camera, mics, and videos equipment, but that’s the only reason. I’ve only made maybe $600 or $700 over a couple of years, a 100 published videos, and time vs dollar isn’t worth it. In fact I will be removing all the ads soon.

The reason for the hiding subs is the sites that grossly marks up how much they think a youtube content creator makes. And those companies that want to give you free stuff, but stipulate what you need to do in the video, want to approve it first, they tend to leave you alone more if they can’t see your subscriber count.
Maybe that’s why I’m getting more of those offers now, they are looking at the views now, hmmm. They send me the terms, I reply with a template of my terms knowing they won’t agree then they usualy go away.

I was told a few years ago I can’t work anymore after 18 years with the same company, I was hoping to reach 20 and ask for an early retirement but the doctors forced me out. Probably a good thing, I was just getting worse anyway.
A rare disease called Stiff Person Syndrome, a heart condition and other complications, I won’t get into the details. This also prevented me from my normal things I liked to do such as remodeling my kitchen, fixing my roof myself, rebuilding classic cars. So I needed a new hobby that would take my mind off the pain on nights I couldn’t sleep, a distraction. And get to help people in the comment section also. Meet new people, even Skyped with some to help them with a microscope issue half way around the world.
So that’s how the channel started, and why I built the lab.

At the same time since I didn’t meet the normal list of approved disabled conditions, and “had to much work experience” (whatever that meant) I was also denied assistance. Never needed it before, never asked for it, but after paying a lot into the system and now I can’t get it. So this had to go in front of a judge, a 2 year waiting list in Ohio, unreal.
The last thing I wanted was disability, or a judge, or my private insurance looking at one of these sites that claim I make some ridiculous amount of money from these youtube funding exstimating sites and deniying me help, when it was far from the truth. But the court case is comming soon and once it’s ruled I will remove the ads, and probably show the subscribers again.

I’ve been lucky that I saved up enough to cover me for the last few years, didn’t loose my house or car, wasn’t buried in credit card debt because I don’t beleive in credit cards. And still managed to pay for my own health care out of my own pocket for the last 2 years. With the cost of health care I could have had a Tesla instead, so I guess that dream is over. At least YouTube paid for one month of healthcare for me. :-)

I was also lucky that 12 years ago I decided to check a box that paid for insurance if I went blind, or list my fingers and couldn’t work on computers anymore.  I think it was $20 a month. You never think you will need this type of insurance, you hope you never have to use it, but I’m glad I had it now. They are an insurance company so they tried to get out of paying me the asssistance money monthly last year. I guess they expect people to just give up and go away, or just accept it. They don’t know me that well. It’s supposed to cover me until I’m 65, so I cashed out a small pension, hired a lawyer, fought for 10 months and won. I’m hoping they don’t try that again since the lawyer wasn’t cheap. I could have bought a Keysight high end oscilloscope.

So I thought if I hid the subscribers then I won’t need to justify the money those website claim you tubers make to a judge, or my insurance, or disability. It probably didn’t work, but hopfully they won’t look at one of those sites if they see I have a channel. After court and all this stuff I’ll probably change the setting again.
But I did just break 1,000 subscribers last month. So I guess a quarter million views with 1,086 subscribers is a good ratio when I think about it.
Wait, 1,087 now that you subscribed. Thanks!
Scott

Sorry for the long reply, I coiner find a way to explain this without some of the details.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 04:45:35 am by Scottjd »

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2017, 09:33:57 pm »
One question though, I've seen only a couple of cases (such as yours) where the subscription count is masked out.

I have wondered about this also.

I guess my answer to Cliff answers your question also.

Cliff, you mentioned based off crowed popularity, I don’t think 1,000 is that popular. Maybe it is if you look at all the channels and what percentage 1 creator is on the wholem platform? I’ve never never thought about it.
The subscribers is the one thing I was watching, just because I received an email when someone subscribed. The channel was on a steady sub increase even if I didn’t do a video one week, or one month. Then YouTube changed the algorithms again and I had 3 or 4 months of no new subscribers.
I recently did an experiment and found it worked and the subscribers started up again. I don’t know if I will be able or meet the requirement for continued growth based off the results of the experiment. But it was interesting to see this confirmed, I did it because of another video I watched.

On my first reply I almost include a write up about this expermanet, tips for others with channels and how to get subscribers with the new algorithm. But it was long, and off topic. So I decided to draft it for now, maybe do a “opion” video explaining this later? I did a quick search and seems to be a lot of videos about how to break 1,000 subs. The problem with these videos is they are old, and based off old YouTube requirements and algorithms so I don’t think those videos would apply anymore or help anyone.

Or maybe I should post it on this forum? Just nor sure what would be the best place for it to be posted.
Scott
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 09:36:52 pm by Scottjd »

Offline Cliff Matthews

• Supporter
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2017, 09:59:57 pm »
...I don’t think 1,000 is that popular.
IMHO on focused subject matter, anything >500 should indicate people find enough benefit to subscribe, or perhaps you have a large family ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf