Author Topic: Adjustable Low EMI Switching Power Supply  (Read 6778 times)

Offline hesam.moshiriTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • MyVanitar
Adjustable Low EMI Switching Power Supply
« on: May 31, 2023, 08:10:17 am »
A power supply is an essential tool on every electronics bench. The TPS54202 is a highly efficient 2A synchronous buck converter with a wide 28V input voltage range and low EMI figures, making it suitable for various applications. These features make the TPS54202 an excellent choice for building a power supply.

To achieve a low noise level and ensure high performance, I implemented a variety of input and output filters, along with following several PCB design techniques. The chip operates at a switching frequency of 500KHz and is equipped with internal loop compensation. Setting up the power supply is simple—just connect the input to a step-down AC transformer (e.g., 220V to 15V) and use a multiturn potentiometer to adjust the output voltage to your desired level.

For the schematic and PCB design, I utilized Altium Designer 23 and shared the project with my friends for feedback and updates using Altium-365. The fast component search engine, Octopart, proved invaluable in quickly obtaining component information and generating the Bill of Materials (BOM). To ensure high-quality fabricated boards, I sent the Gerber files to PCBWay.

I tested the circuit for output noise and load step response using Siglent SDS2102X Plus oscilloscope and Siglent SDL1020X-E DC load. I am confident that this circuit will meet your requirements for a compact and efficient power supply, providing reliable performance on your electronics bench.

Offline hesam.moshiriTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • MyVanitar
Re: Adjustable Low EMI Switching Power Supply
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2023, 10:33:47 am »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf