Author Topic: celebrating 2^8 subscribers  (Read 1446 times)

Offline pknoe3lhTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Trust me I'm an engineer
    • My Homepage
celebrating 2^8 subscribers
« on: October 15, 2019, 01:11:38 pm »
Hello everyone,

I passed 8 bits ;-)

What is really depressing is that I did not advertise the video anywhere (because I did a giveaway) and from my 256 subscribers only 12 watched it
I did not do any advertisement for subscribing or anything in any of my videos. So I was thinking that only people who are really interested in my content subscript.
Do they see my video? Or is there just too much to watch? Or is 4% of subscriber clicking good in normal situations?

What are other creators experiences? Should I make advertisements for the bell icon?

Anyway I do videos for fun so I will continue doing them and I'm happy for everyone watching them ;-)

greetings
Patrick

Offline madsbarnkob

• Frequent Contributor
    • Kaizer Power Electronics
Re: celebrating 2^8 subscribers
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 06:57:05 am »
I made a video about this exact subject and I think you should read all the comments on that video, because that gives a good view into the minds of the technical video audience.

It is hard to grow a channel, every day so much new content is added, so much like crypto currency, the chain gets longer every day and your chance of finding the block (or making it through the algorithm to get advertised as recommended) just gets smaller and smaller.

I never paid for advertising, I only mention to subscribe once every 4-5 video or reach out to people to tell their friends about my channel or something like that. I do not have a subscribe template that I shove in peoples faces each video, 3 times with middle-break ads as well, our audience, which is the same people you find on this forum, is just like ourself. So keep making the videos you want to watch yourself :)

Offline madsbarnkob

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 07:17:17 am »
I think you should work some on your thumbnails, when viewed side by side, they look like eachother, some are too anonymous with just white background and text.

I do not think I have the holy grail, but thumbnails have to lure and make that click-through rate go above 4-5%.

Offline pknoe3lhTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Trust me I'm an engineer
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 10:07:35 am »

I made a video about this exact subject and I think you should read all the comments on that video, because that gives a good view into the minds of the technical video audience.

It is hard to grow a channel, every day so much new content is added, so much like crypto currency, the chain gets longer every day and your chance of finding the block (or making it through the algorithm to get advertised as recommended) just gets smaller and smaller.

I never paid for advertising, I only mention to subscribe once every 4-5 video or reach out to people to tell their friends about my channel or something like that. I do not have a subscribe template that I shove in peoples faces each video, 3 times with middle-break ads as well, our audience, which is the same people you find on this forum, is just like ourself. So keep making the videos you want to watch yourself :)

You entered in my giveaway ;-) how soon do you need it? I will wait a little to get more entries.

I have 355 subs, and my view count is a really not subscriber-dependent, it all depends on the nature and title. Some tutorials go to 10k+, some quick clips are 25.

I think if you make some relatively demanded videos (like EDA/CAD tutorials, teardowns of latest gadgets, beginners videos) you will get more views -- if that's what you are after.

If you want to make it a business, you have to run it like a business. If you are just doing it for fun and as a future reminder, then don't be bothered.

Yes you are right! I should just don't care ... Do you advertise your videos on other platforms to?

I think you should work some on your thumbnails, when viewed side by side, they look like eachother, some are too anonymous with just white background and text.

I do not think I have the holy grail, but thumbnails have to lure and make that click-through rate go above 4-5%.

(Attachment Link)

Thats the Idea. You should recognize  my videos. I don't like the idea of making click bait stuff ....

Offline madsbarnkob

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 07:44:24 pm »
No worries, let your give-away run some longer, I tried it myself, never got to give away a camera that I had on the video Dave feature for me when he was walk-abouting.

I advertise my videos on my website www.kaizerpowerelectronics.dk , two forums www.highvoltageforum.net and www.eevblog.com , my websites facebook page + 2-3 groups of science/high voltage topics, some times reddit but nothing more than that, takes too long to cross post all over the place and the payback in terms of click-through rate is not showing it to be worthwhile. You need a group of people to do it 24/7 for you :)

Offline Lesterwyatt

• Regular Contributor
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 07:15:31 am »
It is hard, i did a 3 part series on a mains touch switch. Really  comprehensive and detailed with hardly any views. I think the problem is the length of the videos (over 30 mins). Its my 5min videos that do the best. Its finding the happy medium. Only do my videos for my own reference and fun anyhow. Unless you do cat videos and gaming videos your going to find it hard to make it a paid job.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf