Author Topic: Cheapest 862D+ Digital Soldering and Hot Air Rework Station Teardown and Review  (Read 5303 times)

Offline Photon939Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Not supposed to be a super technical video but more of a "is this thing crap or not"

Trying to get back into regular youtube uploads.

Offline imidis

• Frequent Contributor
Did it smell like super fresh spray paint like mine?
Gone for good

Offline rstofer

• Super Contributor
What am I seeing at 4:36 on the right side of the PCB?  It looks like a lot of pins come through the board but aren't soldered.  This can't be correct but it sure looks that way.

Offline imidis

• Frequent Contributor
I think that is the LED display
Gone for good

Offline Photon939Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
What am I seeing at 4:36 on the right side of the PCB?  It looks like a lot of pins come through the board but aren't soldered.  This can't be correct but it sure looks that way.

Imidis is correct, those are the pins for the LED display. The pins are soldered on the other side of the board.

And I wouldn't say it had an unusually strong smell, just the new plastic/rubber smell most electronics have.

Offline imidis

• Frequent Contributor
Ah, mine smelled like it was spray painted on arrival. The outside finally aired out, but opened it up the other day to inspect it more and got a wiff of it. LOL

I mostly had used the hot air got, but the second iron did come in useful on a cell repair. :)
Gone for good

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf