Author Topic: Check out this YouTube channel: Electronics for the Inquisitive Experimenter  (Read 2741 times)

Offline wa2puxTopic starter

• Contributor
Hey folks!
I just wanted to let you all know about my YouTube Channel: Electronics for the Inquisitive Experimenter.
I have videos on
  • VNAs and VNA basics
  • How to Tune a Duplexer
  • How to Tune a Hybrid-Ring Duplexer
  • Duplexer Basics
  • How to use an Antenna Analyzer
  • How to use an Oscilloscope
... and much more.
I add new videos regularly.
Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmngLyGByObIwpY1pAObhAg/videos

Hope you find them helpful.  8)

The following users thanked this post: EEVblog, Electro Fan, Kalvin, cgroen, syau, virtualparticles, Bad_Driver

Online coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
I find the common mode analysis to be interesting topics. I was also looking at buying a tuner and that video seems interesting.

I think it looks like a great RF channel.

Offline Bad_Driver

• Frequent Contributor
I found your channel by accident and watched last night some of your videos (and subscribed as well).

Your approach to go systematically thru the topics is helpful for RF-starters as me but I think that your „intros“ are
sometimes a bit to long (I began with Smith charts since I got a VNA/SSA from Santa Claus).

I will try to catch up with all of your videos during the next weeks. For me everything will be helpful that leads me from LF to RF electronics.

So thanks for your efforts!

Offline cadr

• Contributor
Thanks for posting this - a lot of good stuff here to watch!

Cheers!

Offline Electro Fan

• Super Contributor
I like your topics and your approach to teaching a lot.  Just a small suggestion/request.  Others might have a different preference but I’d prefer to not have the gentle low volume music in the background.  It’s distracting rather than calming.  Just to help explain why this is, imagine if the music was playing while you were making the recordings of your presentations - it would be harder for you to stay focused on your explanations.  Over laying the music track is probably relatively easy for you to do when editing but imo it’s just distracting and annoying for the listener.  Don’t know if there is a way to make the background music optional for listeners but if not I’d turn it off completely.  Your teaching skills are plenty good enough that your videos don’t need the extra packaging touch.  Either way, thank you for all the good teaching and the work you put into it.

PS, your Three Really Weird Numbers in Electronics video is EXCELLENT, as is the intro Why this Channel and Who is Ralph Gable.  Congrats and Thanks!  :-+ :-+

PSS, for any EEVers who are loving electronics at the conceptual and practical hands on levels but who find math to be inhibiting, check out Ralph’s teaching.

PSSS, Ralph I hope you will visit the EEVblog forums often as you can probably help a fair number of people with questions bridge the concepts and math - and the most frequent and fundamental questions will probably be good topics for more of your videos.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 06:58:50 am by Electro Fan »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf