Author Topic: Corporate blogs, ST in particular, why so boring and inefficient?  (Read 1366 times)

Offline nuclearcatTopic starter

• Supporter

In the group where our "national" engineers working with ST products communicate, a link to this video has been surfaced.
And all i saw - positive, enthusiastic comments. WHAT?
Is it for real? For this a mediocre video - and all this praise?

Zero content (for real, they think ST subscribers don't know about Nucleo?), terrible illiterate text (they mixed opamps in I / O shields subject, etc) read by guy with glass eyes, with shitty short snapshots of nucleo boars (can't even read all of them on this stand), who is seems just suffering by reading from the teleprompter and dont have glue what he is talking about.
Not to mention that advertised a product (Nucleo) almost out of stock, that means marketing money just spent for nothing.
I think corporations like ST need more truth, including criticism, so that they do not float in the illusion that the wild idiocy they are doing is OK. And a very powerful reaction is needed for them to notice it. (because - corporations)
Nucleo boards is cool, but even beginning EE blogger can do overview way better.

P.S. They should watch Dave series for Padauk, thats a golden standard of interesting review.

Offline RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
Re: Corporate blogs, ST in particular, why so boring and inefficient?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 10:16:04 am »

;D

The following users thanked this post: nuclearcat

Offline jpanhalt

• Super Contributor
Re: Corporate blogs, ST in particular, why so boring and inefficient?
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2021, 11:27:14 am »
Maybe ST is an exception.  In my experience, TI (E2E), Microchip, and Analog Devices (Engineer Zone) have excellent forums and provide spot-on information.  Since Jorge participates at Autodesk (whatever its forum is called), I suspect the Eagle part is well supported too. (I haven't visited that forum.)

Now, if you want cartoons from YT and FB, hand holding, how to crack security, how to solder, what oscilloscope to buy, and so forth, they are probably the wrong place.

In terms of activity, they are nowhere nearly as active as EEVBlog, so I check in every few days at Microchip.  Waste a lot less time there too.

One might compare manufacturers' forums to libraries and more social blogs to 24/7 news channels. 

The following users thanked this post: nuclearcat

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf