EEVblog > Other Blogs

In the WEEE-k #1 - my first attempt at a dumpster diving segment

(1/4) > >>

tron9000:
So this is a follow on from my original Post: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/want-to-do-my-own-segment-on-my-blog/

I final finished editing my first attempt at a dumpster diving video blog.

Please let us know what you think and any area for improvement.

Much appreciated!

retiredcaps:
A good start.

Your audio levels need work.  During your first 8 minute segment, I could barely hear you.  So I cranked up the volume.  Then when you looked through the box, the volume was loud.  Then back at 16:50, I could barely hear you again.

lukier:
Good introduction to the subject.

I tend to ignore rather common computing related parts, maybe except useful stuff like cables, focusing more on T&M.

In my WEEE dumpster things come in waves, depending apparently which department is doing a clean-out or some refurbishment. One week it is only biochem fridges and incubators, next week racks of old Sun servers, next week lecture room AV equipment. T&M stuff of any kind is rather rare, anything younger than the 80's even more, and surprisingly mostly from physics department. I've yet to see anything from electronics engineering dept., that would have the best stuff :) I suppose they know how to fix their toys or dispose them between themselves.

This and last week is was mostly lecture room AV stuff, so I picked up Hitachi CP-SX1350 projector that has missing air filter, but still ~500 hours of lamp life left and Sony EVI-D80P PTZ camera. The mechanics and optics are very nice, but the camera itself is just typical CCTV analog CCD. Maybe it would be possible to replace the sensor with something digital and add CY7C68013A for the USB.

tron9000:

--- Quote from: retiredcaps on September 29, 2015, 10:29:31 pm ---A good start.

Your audio levels need work.  During your first 8 minute segment, I could barely hear you.  So I cranked up the volume.  Then when you looked through the box, the volume was loud.  Then back at 16:50, I could barely hear you again.

--- End quote ---

Yes, well I'm using an IPad to record this, so I think I need to get a decent camera and mic. Also I'm just editing on youtube editor, which keeps falling over on me most of the time, so can anyone recommend a decent, preferably free, video editing suite? I'm running ubuntu linux, but I could get it to run on WINE.

Did anyone find it long winded?

Muttley Snickers:
Thanks tron9000 for the video which I did find very informative in regards to EE waste and so on, you did ask for an honest review or opinion and my only criticism would be that at times I did find it a bit difficult to follow and that you may be speaking a bit too quickly for some of us slower folk to fully understand, it could also be an accent thing and most likely other people in your region wouldn't question it at all, no insult or offence intended whatsoever.

I even tried subtitles for the first time which turned to shit at 03:45 and became rather amusing at around 08:00 onwards.... :)

That second display you showed looked a lot like a 40 pin field effect LCD similar to the Jaycar ZD-1886, you can download the data sheet or otherwise if it is the same display I have it all drawn up in a number of formats with every pin labelled, it's on my other pc so if you need me to post it up I can.

Best regards and many thanks....... :-+

Muttley

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version