Author Topic: Infrared Remote Control Decoder & Switcher Board  (Read 2122 times)

Offline hesam.moshiriTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • MyVanitar
Infrared Remote Control Decoder & Switcher Board
« on: June 02, 2021, 01:02:40 pm »
Infrared remote controllers are everywhere around us. The majority of home appliances are controlled using infrared remote controls. In this article/video, we learn to build a device that can decode (almost) any IR remote control and use the instructions to switch the relays (loads). So we can use this feature in a variety of applications without buying a new IR remote control and expensive hardware, such as turning ON/OFF the lights, opening/closing the curtains, ... etc. I have used an ATTiny85 microcontroller as the heart of the circuit. The device can record up to three IR codes in the EEPROM memory and switch 3 separate devices. Each relay can handle the currents up to 10A. The load switching mechanism (momentary ON/OFF, toggling, .. etc) can be programmed by the user.

I used Altium Designer 21.4.1 and the SamacSys component libraries (SamacSys Altium Plugin) to design the Schematic and PCB. I also used the Siglent SDS2102X Plus/SDS1104X-E to analyze the IR signals.

The device works stable and reacts well to the transmitted IR signals. So let’s get started and build this puppy!

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
Re: Infrared Remote Control Decoder & Switcher Board
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 02:21:15 pm »
From https://www.arduino.cc/reference/en/libraries/irremote/ :
Currently included protocols: Denon / Sharp, JVC, LG, NEC / Apple, Panasonic / Kaseikyo, RC5, RC6, Samsung, Sony, (Pronto), BoseWave, Lego, Whynter, MagiQuest.

Unfortunately they don't tell which variants of NEC (standard/extended, or µPD1986C) and Sony (12/15/20 bits) are supported. And they seem to think that Panasonic and Kaseikyo are the same. Matsushita (Panasonic MN6014) is a 11/12 bit code while Kaseikyo (AKA Japanese code) has 48 bits.

Offline hesam.moshiriTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • MyVanitar
Re: Infrared Remote Control Decoder & Switcher Board
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 06:25:54 pm »
From https://www.arduino.cc/reference/en/libraries/irremote/ :
Currently included protocols: Denon / Sharp, JVC, LG, NEC / Apple, Panasonic / Kaseikyo, RC5, RC6, Samsung, Sony, (Pronto), BoseWave, Lego, Whynter, MagiQuest.

Unfortunately they don't tell which variants of NEC (standard/extended, or µPD1986C) and Sony (12/15/20 bits) are supported. And they seem to think that Panasonic and Kaseikyo are the same. Matsushita (Panasonic MN6014) is a 11/12 bit code while Kaseikyo (AKA Japanese code) has 48 bits.

Yes, this is for protocol detection, however, I have not limited the code to any protocol. So we can say that it covers the "most" remotes.

Mine was SONY. this is the signal of my remote.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf