Author Topic: KPE - www.kaizerpowerelectronics.dk (see latest post for new videoes)  (Read 136993 times)

Offline madsbarnkobTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Kaizer Power Electronics
3x400V Mains Supply Soft Start and Data Monitor
« Reply #150 on: August 26, 2023, 06:38:35 am »
Construction of a 3 phase 400 VAC at 32A soft start circuit with safety features and a data monitor. All parts like enclosure, current transducers, voltage step down, contactors and wiring is reused from my 3 phase 13 A Lübcke variac build, that unfortunately had one of the auto transformers burn up.

Pictures and schematics: https://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk/general-electronics/3-phase-32a-400vac-soft-start-power-supply/

• Frequent Contributor
Re: KPE - www.kaizerpowerelectronics.dk (see latest post for new videoes)
« Reply #151 on: October 06, 2023, 05:12:24 pm »
Part 1: Teardown of a Philips / Fujifilm PCR Eleva S x-ray image scanner / digitizer. Also known as Computerized Radiography (CR), it fulfills the job of scanning a x-ray exposed image plate with a laser beam and extract each pixel illumination with a photomultiplier tube setup. It can scan 78 plate per hour with a general resolution of 3520 x 4280 pixels in 12 bits per pixel gray scale.

Pictures and long description: https://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk/teardown/philips-pcr-eleva-s-x-ray-image-scanner-teardown/

• Frequent Contributor
Part 2: Reverse engineering of laser scanner module from a Philips / Fujifilm PCR Eleva S x-ray image scanner / digitizer. Also known as Computerized Radiography (CR), it fulfills the job of scanning a x-ray exposed image plate with a laser beam and extract each pixel illumination with a photomultiplier tube setup.

Part 2 pictures and long description: https://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk/teardown/x-ray-image-laser-scanner-reverse-engineering/

• Frequent Contributor
Brandenburg Alpha Series II 5 kV Power Supply
« Reply #153 on: October 12, 2023, 07:42:17 pm »
The Brandenburg Alpha Series II 5 kV Power Supply is from Great Britain and made in 1977. The model 2507r is specified for 500 to 5000 VDC at 5 mA, around 100 VA power rating.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #154 on: November 01, 2023, 07:18:06 pm »
Reverse engineering of the Fujifilm PMT26A PMT module that contains the photomultiplier tube, high voltage power supply and analog amplifier from a Fujifilm PCR Eleva S / CR-IR 357 x-ray image scanner / digitizer.

Pictures and long description: https://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk/high-voltage/fujifilm-pmt26a-photomultiplier-tube/

• Frequent Contributor
Philips Medio 50 kW CP-H X-ray Control Desk Teardown
« Reply #155 on: November 12, 2023, 06:30:57 am »
I found a complete Philips Medio 50 CP-H system consisting of 2 meter tall 19″ rack with computer, driver, inverter and high voltage tank. Dual X-ray tube head rated for 150 kV and a control desk. It was only possibly for me to take the control desk with me. No effort was done for the driver, inverter and high voltage tank, as it was from the 1990’s and SCR based inverter design.

• Frequent Contributor
ABB DCS400 – 900A / 522kW DC Motor Drive Teardown
« Reply #156 on: November 24, 2023, 06:46:37 pm »
Teardown of a ABB DCS401.0900 DC motor drive. It can output an insane 900A at variable voltages, for a maximum output power of 522 kW!

All pictures and information: https://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk/teardown/abb-dcs400-900a-522kw-dc-motor-drive-teardown/

• Frequent Contributor
Building a New Electronics Lab, From Total Scratch! (Part 1)
« Reply #157 on: December 09, 2023, 08:38:17 am »

The long and hard journey for a better basement electronics lab is through the first phase of construction!

• Frequent Contributor
Electronics For Kids - LED Christmas Tree
« Reply #158 on: December 21, 2023, 07:10:29 pm »
April, 9 years old and Alfred, 5 years old assemble and solder a LED blinking Christmas tree. Kids love to build stuff and electronics should be no exception to them!

• Frequent Contributor
Server PSU Hack - Dell N870P / NPS-885AB. 12VDC 71A 870W
« Reply #159 on: January 12, 2024, 08:29:26 pm »
A video guide on how to make the, Dell N870P / NPS-885AB, server power supply run outside of its server enclosure. Through trial-and-error I found that a simple circuit of 1K resistor from ground to pins 6A and 6C is required.

Pictures and schematic: https://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk/electronics/server-psu-hack-dell-n870p-nps-885ab-12v-71a-870w/

• Frequent Contributor
I found a discarded welding machine in a scrap yard! It might be an older shielded metal arc welder, also known as SMAW or stick welder. But from what my father told me, these old ESAB machines are impossible to destroy. It got a good new home :)

Technical walk-through and demonstration of spark generation from my first dual resonant Tesla coil. I finished this dual 811A vacuum tube Tesla Coil back in late 2008, which dates this back 15 years by now! At the time I finished this coil, my best camera at the time, could only record in 640x480 with horrible noise in dark surroundings. This video is the walk-through and demonstration video I wanted to make 15 years ago, but got done now :)

• Frequent Contributor
APC Smart UPS 450 VA, for Server 19" Rack 1U, Teardown
« Reply #161 on: March 08, 2024, 04:26:15 pm »
A teardown of a 19" 1U server UPS, the APC SC450RMI1U UPS, a run down of the current paths in the system.

• Frequent Contributor
Smoke Screen Machine Protect 950 XP - Teardown of a Smoke Cannon!
« Reply #162 on: March 22, 2024, 09:42:03 pm »
I found a old and discarded smoke cannon at a scrap yard! It looked in rough shape, but still had some oil in its container. With a bit experimentation and at last forcefully feeding it oil, it gave off its smoke!
As a bonus, I got most of my workshop lubricated from half-burned oil smoke raining down droplets everywhere!

• Frequent Contributor
Energy Museum Shut Down! Finn Hammers Tesla coil from 2003
« Reply #163 on: April 03, 2024, 03:08:27 pm »
I visited the Danish Electricity Museum back in Autumn 2023 and by pure coincidence it was their last opened weekend of the year and they would pack down to close for good, due to lack of funding.

Finn Hammer from www.hammertone.com built their Tesla coil back in 2003. I got to film its last ever public show, as an re-opening of the museum, might not be what it was originally when it closed.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #164 on: April 19, 2024, 05:38:10 pm »
This is the first video in a series of 3, on how to get started with the UD3 Tesla coil driver. Huge shoutout to Steve Ward, Netzpfuscher (Jens Kerrinnes), Malte0811 and TMaxElectronics (Thorben Zethoff) for their work on the UD3 platform.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf