Author Topic: KPE - www.kaizerpowerelectronics.dk (see latest post for new videoes)  (Read 132798 times)

Offline madsbarnkobTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Kaizer Power Electronics
Re: KPE - www.kaizerpowerelectronics.dk (see latest post for new videoes)
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2019, 07:32:48 pm »
I have news about my solar setup, summer is over and so is the solar setup :( In part 4 I take a look at the efficiency and look at the performance over the last 60 days.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2019, 08:33:38 am »
Thank you Cliff, I also love my mug and the coffee inside of it, it is needed!  :=\

Also a new video :)

The high resolution pictures and circuit explanation in text are hosted on my website: https://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk/teardown/nokia-siemens-flexi-3x90w-fxeb-1800mhz-base-station-teardown-power-amplifier-part-2-of-2/
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 01:26:31 pm by madsbarnkob »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2019, 06:18:25 am »
The 1800W IH is now boxed up with all power supplies, water cooling, foot switch, current meter and insulated work coil.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2019, 07:53:05 am »
Test with using regular mineral wool for house insulation, to insulated the work coil in order to achieve higher steel temperatures.

Here is another try, just with horizontal instead to contain some more heat, accidentally melted some plastic on the enclosure from that

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2019, 07:48:40 am »

I visited HI Tech & Industry Scandinavia 2019 in Herning, Denmark and while doing so I recorded clips of the most interesting robots, robotics, machines, vision, PLC and machine technology.

You can find booth exhibitions from Schneider Electric, Beckhoff, Flir, MakerBot, Wago, Rhode&Schwartz, Coherent and so on.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2019, 07:11:38 am »

I needed a 50A current meter for the 1800W induction heater ( https://highvoltageforum.net/index.php?topic=530.0 ), but had none with the proper scaling. I do however have a large box of 1mA blank scale meters, so I decided to do a video on the following topics:

- Learn how to calculate the shunt resistor for your analog panel meter
- Guesstimate the internal resistance of a unknown meter
- Design custom scales if you have a blank meter or want to use a meter for another purpose than its original.

Link to scale-o-matic: http://stiftsbogtrykkeriet.dk/~mcs/Scale.html
Link to Meter from Tonne software: http://www.tonnesoftware.com/meter.html

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2019, 01:37:35 pm »
The HP T-620 Thin Client is a powerful little machine, that with ease can be hacked into using a random 19VDC PSU and run Windows as any normal PC, easy and cheap PC!

This thin client was thrown out, without anything else than the box itself, no power supplies, no nothing.

The port and connector layout from the manual shows that the HP T-620 models needs a 19VDC power supply. A little searching showed that it was not as simple as just supplying it with 19VDC. HP has put in a few tricks to make a "smart laptop charger" so that you can only use their chargers.

The "smart laptop charger" restriction can be bypassed with a simple current limiting hack as per this little schematics. All credits for this hack goes to:  http://nerdipedia.com/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=Smart+laptop+charger

• Frequent Contributor

• Frequent Contributor
Aethra CCD Webcam Teardown - From Back When Streaming Was Expensive!
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2019, 12:36:33 pm »
This is a Aethra Colour CCD #Webcam that was part of a system made for remote #medical diagnose / consultation for patients in remote locations.

The system was mounted in a car to be mobile, so a driver could visit patients and make a call to the doctor do complete the consultation within the patients home. The system was driven by a #embedded PC with a complete circuit for the interface, audio/video and running all peripherals on a RS232 daisy chain. The whole setup used some kind of GSM link to transfer the video and audio signal, seemed to be a very expensive and complex setup.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2019, 09:09:57 am »

Test and Teardown of a Julabo ED heating immersion circulator from a decommissioned laboratory.

JULABO immersion circulators for controlling temperature +20 to +150 °C in any bath tank up to 50 liters. Parts that are immersed in bath liquid are constructed of stainless steel or synthetic material. Common applications include controlling the temperature of samples, temperature testing of articles, materials testing, and evaluation, adjustment, and calibration or thermometers and thermal switches.

• Frequent Contributor
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2019, 09:59:44 pm »
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

How to fix a broken iphone, shoutout to Louis Rossmann :)

This years seasonal greetings is a bit of comedy.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2020, 08:37:37 am »

A teardown of a Kjellberg CUTi 31 Plasma Cutter with a power rating of 10 kVA. Made for cutting in 25-30 mm steel.

Connecting voltage (V): 3x 400VAC
Connecting power (kVA) 10.4
Mains fuse, slow(A) 16
Open circuit voltage (V) 240
Cutting current (A) 20...70
Duty cycle 70A/35% or 50A/100%

Offline Cliff Matthews

• Supporter
    • General Repair and Support
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2020, 03:03:50 pm »
I don't see that reed relay as lasting too long.. maybe when it got stuck they would kick the box to make it work for a while longer. I wonder if that isolation transfo would have reqired litz wire? Also, nice outro music - Cheers! and Happy New Year!

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2020, 11:34:01 am »
Thank you Cliff and happy new year, my friend Mikas made the music for me, so I got some royalty free to use on youtube without loosing monitization :)

Review and test of a mini induction heater. At just 12V 10-15A you can have a small and effective induction heater for your work bench.

• Frequent Contributor
DSO138, Not Even Once
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2020, 10:21:31 am »
Before you buy a DSO138 or DSO150 from ebay, amazon, wish or aliexpress, it is important to understand what you are getting. The specifications are very loosely written and what looks good on paper is useless in practical use. Here I test the DSO138 specified at 200 kHz, but in reality it is worthless above 20 kHz.

Buying the right oscilloscope is knowing your work area limits and where it might be in the future. I recommend that you read: 12 things to consider when choosing an oscilloscope: https://www.mouser.com/pdfdocs/Tektronix12_things_to_consider1.pdf

For the Nyquist applet to play with: http://195.134.76.37/applets/AppletNyquist/Appl_Nyquist2.html

« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 07:17:46 pm by madsbarnkob »

• Frequent Contributor
APC RS-1000 UPS Teardown
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2020, 09:23:17 am »

A teardown of a APC RS-1000 UPS, a run down of the current paths in the system.

Data on the unit: https://www.apc.com/shop/us/en/products/Back-UPS-RS-1000VA/P-BR1000

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2020, 12:43:48 pm »
This is the unboxing of a Anet A8 3D prrinter that was bought for my father to experiment with. Hopefully this will give some good help to make parts for electronics as part of the diy way of life :)

Following videos, in the future, will be about upgrades to the printer and test of its printer capabilities.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2020, 10:32:57 am »
This is the first upgrade for the Anet A8 3D printer. A new powersupply from a HP server will be a fire-hazard reducing upgrade compared to the original undersized and over-specified power supply that came with the printer.

12V @ 62A is of cause much more powerful that needed for the printer, but this will keep the fan spinning at minimum speed. You do not want to be in the same room as a server power supply running at full current output with maximum fan spin. It is like a jet engine.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2020, 10:19:22 am »

This is part 1 of my #diy #led flood light that is going to be used for high speed video filming with the FPS1000HD camera.

It is being built form 5x 50W LED COBs mounted on old Pentium4 CPU coolers.

I got no affiliation with these sellers, but it is where I bought my parts:
50W LED COB chips: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50-W-Watt-LED-Chip-kaltweiss-24-40-mil-4500-Lm-6000K-kw-COB-Fluter-Flutlicht/162464897645?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Reflector seller1: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50W-70W-100W-120W-COB-Chip-LED-Lens-Fixed-Bracket-50mm-Reflector-Collimator/112785049513?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Reflector seller2: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50W-70W-100W-120W-50mm-Reflector-Collimator-COB-Chip-Fixed-Bracket-LED-Lens/263468105919?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2020, 08:04:14 pm »
This is part 2 of my #diy #led flood light that is going to be used for high speed video filming with the FPS1000HD camera. It should be able to deliver around 20000-25000 Lumen.

Here I modify 3x HP server power supplies to deliver 36VDC, add fan controllers for the heat sinks and box it all up in a "very compact" box that can be handheld.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2020, 10:03:28 am »

This is part 3 of my DIY LED flood light that is going to be used for high speed video filming with the FPS1000HD camera.

In this video the lux value is measured to 25000 at 1 square meter which corresponds to the given lumen value for the LED COBs.

The 36VDC power supply ripple is examined, the 50 Hz ripple is limited to around 1VDC and the high frequency 20-45 kHz switching noise is no apparent problem.

There is some flicker in the background when recording at 1000 and 4000 FPS, but once it gets up to 8000 and 20000 FPS, there is not enough light to even get the subject properly lit up.

• Frequent Contributor
During corona isolation in Denmark, I was at home for 43 days in a row and I made som 30 videos in the time, but completely forgot about adding them here! :(

Here is the play list ( https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLw4xMO1xCMSU6x8za6MvjrNwhi8Q-zA0Y ) with all the lockdown videos which is primarily about all kinds of different parts ranging from resistors, diodes, IGBTs to x-ray inverters and chain mails  :horse:

A few selected

Day 4

Day 7

Day 12

Day 18

Day 28

Day 36

Day 42

Offline Cliff Matthews

• Supporter
Just watching that chain mail episode made me tired.. does it really weigh that much? It must be like high gravity  :)

• Frequent Contributor
Just watching that chain mail episode made me tired.. does it really weigh that much? It must be like high gravity  :)

I prefer to put it on the ground and crawl into, I think it is homemade and made from a large gauge wire or one that was used in full contact medieval combat sports, would explain why it was ripped and thrown out. That is a pretty violent sport. I recorded some fights in a tournament back in 2016, crazy people coming out with concussions and broken arms/legs etc.

Offline Cliff Matthews

• Supporter
Yikes! Never would have guessed from your usual placid appearance, there was a blood-sport fellow lurking inside :o

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf