Author Topic: KPE - www.kaizerpowerelectronics.dk (see latest post for new videoes)  (Read 132980 times)

Offline madsbarnkobTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Kaizer Power Electronics
Re: KPE - www.kaizerpowerelectronics.dk (see latest post for new videoes)
« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2022, 04:39:15 am »
This is a short walk-through on deuterium UV lamp theory and a test of the lamp in operation from its rather special power supply. PSU failed. Lamp failed. Complete fail. The lamp comes from the teardown of a Hitachi L7450 HPLC Diode-Array-Detector. HPLC is short for High Performance Liquid Chromatography. The DAD uses UV light to detect a color spectrum through a liquid flow cell into a linear detector.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2022, 06:56:29 pm »
This is a short teardown of the smallest UPS I have yet found thrown out. The Belkin Regulator PRO Silver UPS 650VA (model F6C650-SER-SB) uses the battery type CSB HC1221W which has been discontinued. It features: UPS / surge protector, 4 power outlets, Fax / modem protection, 650VA output power capacity and has 25 minutes back-up time. Its weight: 953grams, Colour:  Black Silver and Size: 225mm x 180mm x 60mm.

If not obvious, my daughter helped me make this video :)

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #127 on: May 07, 2022, 01:26:09 pm »
I bought this 6 A variac stack as advertised for 6A. But the physical size suggests it could be a 10A model as well. There is no part numbers or data shields to go by. Variacs are usually rated to be able to handle 200% overload for up to 5 minutes and 300% overload up to 1 minute. As the lids and housing was missing, it needed to get built into a new enclosure. Schematics and all pictures at: https://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk/power-supplies/3-phase-400-vac-6-a-variac/

• Frequent Contributor
Large Tesla Coil - Kaizer DRSSTC 3 - Test After 5 Years In Storage
« Reply #128 on: May 13, 2022, 07:05:50 pm »
After 4-5 long years in storage, moving around, getting kids, buying a house, move around, get more kids and then finally its time to rise and shine again! The first tests are to be conducted on the way and quest to make mighty long sparks again!

New Tesla coil collaboration with ChaosEngine https://www.chaosengine.dk/ and https://www.instagram.com/chaos.engine/

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #129 on: June 14, 2022, 08:38:14 pm »
In this video I install and test the safety features. A lot of the original plan to have the safety relay in the show controller has changed and instead turned into a separate project, with building a soft start safety box that receives a special emergency signal from the controller.

A encoded signal (666 Hz) is sent over fiber optical link to a soft start safety box (bandpass filter from 400 to 1100 Hz) where a industrial grade safety class circuit is made to cut off mains supply to the Tesla coils in case of a malfunction in the monitored circuit or a pressed emergency stop.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #130 on: June 23, 2022, 08:13:45 pm »
The show controller can be powered from 230VAC or from a USB power bank. I install a input, power supply, USB meter, power bank, switch and USB outputs.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #131 on: July 05, 2022, 08:33:59 pm »
Night MIDI Music Tesla Coil show highlights from Tuesday the 28th June 2022 at Roskilde Festival. Together with CERN Niels Bohr Institute and participants from DTU KU and SDU.

Kaizer Power Electronics is taking part in the Science Pavilion at Roskilde Festival 2022. The Science Pavilion is hosted by CERN and Niels Bohr Institute. Kaizer Power Electronics will have a Tesla Coil installation on the Science Pavilion for 3 days, from the 26th to 28th of June.

• Frequent Contributor
Tesla Coil Show Controller Soft Start Safety Box
« Reply #132 on: July 15, 2022, 07:48:47 pm »
The first version of my soft start box for 3 phased 400 VAC loads was just that, a soft start box. I wanted to include safety features like fault detection and emergency stop, but I also wanted to remain galvanically isolated from the mains supply, as it is the case with the interrupters and controllers that used a fiber optical link. First I want to design a fiber optical link with a encoded signal, so that only a specific signal would make the safety circuits resettable. Secondly I also want it to be tolerant to failures, miswiring and if there is a fail, it should fail to a safe state.

All information, schematics and pictures: https://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk/power-supplies/tesla-coil-soft-start-safety-box/
Part 7 of the Tesla Coil Show Controller with safety transmitter: https://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk/tesla-coils/6-channel-drsstc-show-controller/

• Frequent Contributor
How To Varnish A Tesla Coil Secondary Coil
« Reply #133 on: August 08, 2022, 07:46:10 pm »
This video shows your the method, tools and best of all, a few tricks to get a good Tesla Coil secondary coil varnish job done! This is something everyone can do, from a cheap battery drill to a expensive servo/stepper motor winding rig, its about the skill and not just expensive tools. You can do it!

• Frequent Contributor
Teardown of DLP Projectors With 15 Years Between Them
« Reply #134 on: August 25, 2022, 07:26:10 pm »
Test, teardown and comparison of two DLP projectors. The Vivitek WD755 is from around 2013 and the older InFocus is from around 1998. They are both based on the Texas Instruments DLP chipsets and the technology and space it takes up, shows that there is little difference in the physical size, but the higher resolutions is solely found in the smaller sized digital micro mirror devices.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #135 on: September 10, 2022, 05:06:01 am »
Having fun with the Schneider Automation / Telemechanique TSX Nano PLC. Its DOS based PL7-07 program IDE features a neat DRUM programming block that is a merge of old school mechanical control technique merged into modern programming for industrial control. Modern 20 years ago. Perfect for making a simple sequence control or a drum machine!

• Frequent Contributor
Radiometer Copenhagen OSG 42b Oscilloscope Repair, From The 1950’ish
« Reply #136 on: September 25, 2022, 01:23:04 pm »
The previous owner of this Danish vintage oscilloscope had tried to plug it in and the only result was smoke! I was asked if I wanted it for repair or it would be thrown out. The Radiometer Copenhagen OSG 42b was repaired and saved!

Radiometer is a Danish company from 1935, started by the engineers Børge Aagaard Nielsen and Carl Schrøder, to develop measuring devices for the growing radio industry in Denmark.

• Frequent Contributor
TIG & Stick Welder, Migatronic Pilot 1800 Teardown
« Reply #137 on: October 19, 2022, 05:48:50 pm »

A teardown of a Migatronic Pilot 1800, a combined TIG & stick welder. TIG is short for Tungsten Inert Gas and refers to the tip of the welding handle, which is made out of tungsten. A inert gas comes from the handle, to surround the tip and ensure no air is near the welding bath. This machine can also do stick welding ( Shielded Metal Arc Welding ), which is the same principle, but the way of protecting the welding bath from air is by a layer of flux around the metal stick being deposited into the weld.

In this teardown video, I give a run down of the current paths in the system and I show which parts I kept.

• Frequent Contributor
Cisco Cable TV Optical Node and RF Amplifier Teardown
« Reply #138 on: November 06, 2022, 01:44:23 pm »
Teardown of Cisco / Atlanta Scientific Cable TV optical node and drop amplifier. These are modern versions running on fiber networks. These small amplifiers are used in houses where it is not practical to use a receiving antenna to get the signal from the broadcast headend transmitter. They are also called a "service drop". Historically CATV is short for Community Antenna TV. A large receiving antenna was used and a cable connection ran out to every house in the neighborhood. Each house had one of these amplifiers. The return path amplifier can also send some of the signal back into the line to keep the signal good enough for the next house. In Denmark, the large receiving antennas has mostly been substituted with fiber connections.

More pictures: https://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk/teardown/cisco-cable-tv-optical-node-and-rf-amplifier-teardown/

• Frequent Contributor
Post-Soviet Tesla Coil Teardown and Test
« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2022, 01:20:55 pm »
Teardown and test of a Post-Soviet era Tesla coil. Hardware and circuit analysis with a spark throwing test.

• Frequent Contributor
8000FPS Slow Motion Tesla Coil Spark Formation and Collapsing Hot Spots
« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2022, 06:25:47 pm »
Slow motion Tesla Coil recordings of SSTC sparks. Recorded at 8000 frames per second and replayed at 15-30 frames per second. Notice the step leader, known from natural lightning strikes and the hot spots that might be forming from collapsing plasma channels.

• Frequent Contributor
Shielded Supply Cable For Large Tesla Coil
« Reply #141 on: December 08, 2022, 09:15:56 pm »
Construction of a shielded mains supply cable for my large Kaizer DRSSTC3 Tesla coil. Using braided copper tubing, polyester cloth and terminations, a sturdy and professional cable pack is made.

Kaizer DRSSTC3: https://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk/tesla-coils/kaizer-drsstc-iii/

• Frequent Contributor
Migatronic FocusStick 161E Stick Welder Teardown
« Reply #142 on: December 25, 2022, 08:18:13 pm »
A teardown of a Migatronic FocusStick 161E stick welder. I take apart and show the current paths of the system.

• Frequent Contributor
8 kW Induction Cooktop Teardown
« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2023, 07:36:31 pm »

Teardown of a 8 kW induction cooktop, supplied from 2 single phase mains and neutral. Modular construction with two inverter modules and changeable coils.

• Frequent Contributor
Showa SP-103 Standalone Xray Head Teardown
« Reply #144 on: January 29, 2023, 12:35:10 pm »

Teardown of a standalone xray head from Showa (Made in Japan). Capable of outputting 100 kV at 35 mA for up to 10 second exposure times. It comes as a complete unit with collimator, only to be supplied with 230 VAC and operated with external trigger.

Pictures: https://kaizerpowerelectronics.dk/highvoltage/showa-sp-103-standalone-xray-head-teardown/

• Frequent Contributor
Server PSU Hack - ACBEL FSA021 IBM 39Y7228, 12VDC 38A 460W
« Reply #145 on: February 24, 2023, 04:55:11 am »
A guide on how to make the, ACBEL FSA021 IBM 39Y7228, server power supply run outside of its server enclosure.

This video also goes through how I generally reverse-engineer power supply interfaces of server power supplies.

To reverse-engineer a power supply interface by trial-and-error, finding the GND pads and connecting them to other pads through a 1K or 10K resistor is a safe way to probe for possible start up conditions.

• Frequent Contributor
10 kVA Eaton UPS Teardown - Model PowerWare 9355
« Reply #146 on: March 11, 2023, 06:58:30 am »
Test and teardown of a Eaton 9355 UPS (formerly the Powerware 9355). It is a three-phase, double-conversion online UPS. Output power ranges from 10-15 kVA in a changeover scenario as follows: 150% for 5 sec / 125% for 1 min (online), 110% for 10 min. Battery type is 9 Ah, sealed, lead-acid, maintenance-free. Battery charger is default 3.4A per battery string. Charger current is configurable from 0.5A to 25A per string with an overall maximum of 34A (limited by input current)

• Frequent Contributor
50 kW Sedecal SHF-530 X-ray High Voltage Generator Inverter Teardown
« Reply #147 on: May 03, 2023, 07:52:29 pm »
This Sedecal SHF-330, with HF meaning High Frequency, was originally a 37.5 kW x-ray high voltage generator. It later received an upgrade, to a Sedecal SHF-530, which is a 50 kW 500mA x-ray high voltage generator.

• Frequent Contributor
10 kW Sirio 10000P Solar Inverter Teardown
« Reply #148 on: June 04, 2023, 11:29:40 am »
Teardown of a Sirio 10000P solar inverter designed in Italy and made in Taiwan. A extremely heavy and well built power house. Full of TO-264 sized IGBTs and a giant single PCB layout for the inverters.

• Frequent Contributor
CPU RAM Gold, Scrap Yard IGBTs / MOSFETs and Cisco GaN Fiber Node Teardown
« Reply #149 on: August 13, 2023, 07:43:02 pm »
It has been a while, so there is 4 videos that I forgot to update this thread with.  :-DMM

Computer Gold Scrap Money WITHOUT Chemicals or Mechanical Processing (Part 1 of 2)

[PAYOUT] Computer Gold Scrap Money WITHOUT Chemicals or Mechanical Processing (Part 2 of 2)

Scrap Yard IGBTs and MOSFETs from Solar Inverters, Welding Machines and Induction Cookers

Cisco Cable TV EGC GaN Segmentable Node A90201, RF Amplifier Teardown

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf