EEVblog > Other Blogs

PDKH - my youtube videos (mostly beginners projects)

<< < (4/4)

Spuddevans:
In this project we are building another (relatively) cheap kit that I bought from Banggood, this one has the catchy title of - "Cascadable Dimmable RGB Full-Color Voice-Activated 32*8 Dot Matrix Spectrum Clock Kit"

This is my first experience of using these digitally addressable RGB LEDs, and I have to admit that, given the state of my programming ignorance, there's not much hope for me if I had to program something like this. Thankfully it comes with a pre-programmed MCU.

Part 1 is an overview and review of what comes in the kit

Part 2 sees the start of soldering the main controller PCB, starting as usual with the small passives

Part 3 finishes off the main controller PCB with the MCU, the RTC, and the rest of the board

Part 4 deals with the Display PCB, soldering the 256 RGB addressable LEDs and the 224 decoupling caps (a little strange that they left out the decoupling caps for an entire row of 32 LEDs)

Part 5 sees the powering up for the 1st time, and then some troubleshooting as something is not as it should be.
WARNING - THIS VIDEO CONTAINS SOME FLASHING LIGHTS!!

In the final part we figure out the case assembly and then see how much of it we can break and still put it together!

Thanks for watching
Tim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version