Products > Programming

AI Hello World

<< < (5/5)

SiliconWizard:
While I got relatively interested in "AI" when I was at uni (in mid 90's), so the topic in general has a lot of interesting approaches and applications, I have almost always failed to find any interest in neural networks. And they still do not interest me one bit, for the most part.

They are the epitome of using extravagant amounts of memory, processing power and data storage to solve problems while having no real clue how those get solved in the process.

But that approach seems popular lately, and not just with "AI", so. I guess we better get used to it, or something. :-DD

tggzzz:

--- Quote from: SiliconWizard on September 07, 2022, 06:26:59 pm ---While I got relatively interested in "AI" when I was at uni (in mid 90's), so the topic in general has a lot of interesting approaches and applications, I have almost always failed to find any interest in neural networks. And they still do not interest me one bit, for the most part.

They are the epitome of using extravagant amounts of memory, processing power and data storage to solve problems while having no real clue how those get solved in the process.

But that approach seems popular lately, and not just with "AI", so. I guess we better get used to it, or something. :-DD

--- End quote ---

They are indeed the latest silver bullet, with all that implies.

There are a number of key problems, including:

* by design they cannot explain why they made a decision. Covid detectors worked reasonably, but decision was based on the font on the x-rays https://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/32/80/#subj4.1
* a sensitivity analysis is impossible; tiny changes in the input or coefficients can completely change the output https://spectrum.ieee.org/slight-street-sign-modifications-can-fool-machine-learning-algorithms
* "you can't test quality into a product", but ML "design" is simply lots of tests (yes, I was using the word "design" very loosely)

DiTBho:
I wrote a AI-NLP module to automatically identify and ban trolls from the letterbox of my website.

The best application ever because it saves my days from nasty people :D

rstofer:

--- Quote from: DiTBho on September 07, 2022, 09:28:05 pm ---I wrote a AI-NLP module to automatically identify and ban trolls from the letterbox of my website.

The best application ever because it saves my days from nasty people :D

--- End quote ---

Are you planning to distribute it via github or something?
I don't have any particular use for such a tool but I'm sure it would be educational.

DiTBho:

--- Quote from: rstofer on September 08, 2022, 02:31:16 pm ---Are you planning to distribute it via github or something?
I don't have any particular use for such a tool but I'm sure it would be educational.

--- End quote ---

maybe in the future,  currently I don't want people analyze its code to exploit its vulnerabilities because it will vanish my effort. What I want is to keep letterbox space clean from nasty messages because I litteraly got bombarded  :o :o :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version
Powered by SMFPacks Advanced Attachments Uploader Mod