Poll

Do you think hanging a program in an infinite loop is allowable under the C language term "undefined behaviour"?

Yes
21 (70%)
No
9 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Should C language "undefined behaviour" cover crashing/hanging?  (Read 9212 times)

Offline Sherlock Holmes

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
Re: Should C language "undefined behaviour" cover crashing/hanging?
« Reply #125 on: December 09, 2022, 10:56:25 pm »
OK I did some informal looking around, it seems that Ada is a can of worms. Not so much the language, but the ecosystem. It's a complex thing to setup, the tooling, editors and stuff can be costly, the language is regarded as overkill for scenarios that don't require mission critical integrity. It seems there's no straightforward, easy way to get coding in Ada for an MCU without spending thousands.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 10:59:35 pm by Sherlock Holmes »
“When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.” ~ Arthur Conan Doyle, The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
Re: Should C language "undefined behaviour" cover crashing/hanging?
« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2022, 01:04:56 am »
Move your log experience into your thread.. remember, this thread is about how to solve division by zero in C, not ada not rust... btw machine code is dangerous! (talk about blaming technology that any language in the end all of them will be translated into)
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf