Products > Programming

Connect an Adafruit Feather (nRF52 Bluefruit LE - nRF52832) to an ESP8266-01

<< < (2/2)

PlainName:
I think you need to start at the serial port ISR and work your way up to where the data stops appearing. I would consider putting money on the ISR, or however the hardware is read, being a good suspect.

From what you've said I assume you're using the Arduino IDE thing. On the one hand that's useful because stuff is already done and proven to work, but on the other you don't really know what it's doing (or not!) when it fails. I think you need to get your hands dirty in there.

Prince1819:
We actually tried that way and it still didn't work
best regards

PlainName:
It sounds like the serial port driver is being configured for the wrong port or pins. However, there is an assumption that when you say you can program it OK you mean you used the same serial driver code to get data in and out. If not, then that's the place to look - just run up a very basic app that does nothing except read and write the serial port using the same code as in your project that fails. It should be simple enough that you can post the code here or somewhere (which, to be honest, would have been useful back at the start).

Prince1819:
We actually tried using that piece code and from pc to ESP, it works fine, but from a microcontroller (Example: Arduino) to ESP it doesn't work. We look up for any error in the Arduino code and it was ok. If i program an arduino with the ESP code, it receives all the data sent over.

We used this piece of code:

/*
 ESP8266 Serial Communication

The blue LED on the ESP-12 module is connected to GPIO2
 (which is also the TXD pin; so we cannot use Serial.print() at the same time)
*/

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);     // Initialize the Serial interface with baud rate of 9600
}

// the loop function runs over and over again forever
void loop() { 
  if(Serial.available()>0)    //Checks is there any data in buffer
  {
  //  Serial.print("We got:");
    Serial.print(char(Serial.read()));  //Read serial data byte and send back to serial monitor
  }

}

PlainName:
Is the ESP serial polarity correct? I could imagine a scenario where it would work with the PC but not a micro if the PC output was inverted (as it would be for V.24).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version