Author Topic: converting GoLang projects into C sources (probably for bloody masochism)  (Read 587 times)

Offline DiTBhoTopic starter

• Super Contributor
yes, no doubt about it: it is to be avoided, unless you are really motivated!

You have an extremely hacked application driver in pre-alpha state for an abandoned video grabber that has never seen a half source released by the company that marketed it, nothing has been documented and the only thing available comes from the reverse engineered binary-only driver (for Windows) , which helped create a couple of experimental source files written in GoLang, a language for which you don't have a compiler for your hardware because PA-RISC is not yet supported by llvm, so there is no GoLang compiler.

This is the scenario. What is this? ... love? for information technology? or just bloody masochism?

I don't know, but I'd really like to support this (crazy) idea, so ...

... any advice on how to convert GoLang to C?

Because, to make matters worse, I don't know GoLang at all.

---> yup, going to reverse engineer a reverse engineered hack in alpha-state for an abandoned hardware, supporting an experimental abandoned architecture

I can not do it, or can I? :-// :-// :-//

The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow

• Super Contributor
Specifically, the experimental GoLang application-driver:
- handles a couple of USB2-bulk endpoints
- needs to configure an FPGA through bulk endpoints
- needs to handles new USB2-bulk endpoints
- needs to move up to 30Mbyte through bulk
- needs to perform color-correction, I see the Go’s built YCbCrToRGB() function
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow

• Super Contributor
So, the video grabber shots YCbCR images and you need to convert them into RGB, that's why there is the built-in Go function YCbCrToRGB(), but behind it, there is a lot of confusion

are { YUV, YCbCr, YPbPr } synonyms?  :o :o :o

As far as I understand
  • YUV is for {PAL, S-Video, ... } analog sources
  • YPbPr is for also analog sources but produces better color results as YUV-Component-Video
  • YCbCr is for { DVB, HDMI, ... } digital sources <------ the Go-source uses this one

The Wiki has an article talking about many things :scared:

Offline langwadt

• Super Contributor
So, the video grabber shots YCbCR images and you need to convert them into RGB, that's why there is the built-in Go function YCbCrToRGB(), but behind it, there is a lot of confusion

are { YUV, YCbCr, YPbPr } synonyms?  :o :o :o

As far as I understand
  • YUV is for {PAL, S-Video, ... } analog sources
  • YPbPr is for also analog sources but produces better color results as YUV-Component-Video
  • YCbCr is for { DVB, HDMI, ... } digital sources <------ the Go-source uses this one

The Wiki has an article talking about many things :scared:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4041840/function-to-convert-ycbcr-to-rgb ?

• Super Contributor

This video on Youtube explains a bit of things about color-spaces  :o :o :o

• Super Contributor
Ok, the color conversion is done, now I have to think about the USB2-bulk stuff.
I see GoLang has a lot of built-in functions to handle usb-bulk ... umm, what about C on Linux?

I have never developed anything with usb. Time to learn!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf