Author Topic: How to Compile NanoVNA-QT Source Code from Qt in Windows?  (Read 1790 times)

Offline MechatrommerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
How to Compile NanoVNA-QT Source Code from Qt in Windows?
« on: December 08, 2021, 02:01:01 pm »
reference: https://github.com/nanovna-v2/NanoVNA-QT
the compilation steps only available from Linux/iOS, but none for from Windows.. since my guess its developed in a way that Qt compatible, it must be possible to compile it from Qt Designer / Qt Creator. but project file linking them all is not available in the github source code, they are all scattered source code files that i dont know the correlation, which one is first, and which one connected to which... so can someone guide on how to compile this in Windows Qt-Creator/Designer? or at least guide me on how to manually handcraft the project file to link them all together? thanks.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
Re: How to Compile NanoVNA-QT Source Code from Qt in Windows?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 05:57:49 pm »
For Windows builds, they give a way to do this as a cross compile from Linux. If you have a Linux box, that's the easy way of generating Windows binaries.

You can alternatively try building it using MSYS2 on Windows.

The following users thanked this post: Mechatrommer

Offline newbrain

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2021, 07:45:53 am »
If you have a Linux box, that's the easy way of generating Windows binaries.
If you don't have a Linux machine but have Windows 10 or later, I would definitely try with WSL.
For this kind of purely  userspace, not network related tasks that's probably much easier than other alternatives.
Nandemo wa shiranai wa yo, shitteru koto dake.

Offline MechatrommerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2021, 02:45:47 am »
I use win7 and no linux box.. i saw the compilation command sort of seeking eigen3 and ifftr library iirc from i dont know where, not in the source code.. so this complicate things.. maybe i'll wait for a pc to install linux in.. i'll study msys2 later..thanks guys.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf