Author Topic: Lennard Pottering the genius proggramer behind systemd is now at Microsoft  (Read 4184 times)

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
Poettering is an idiot and an arrogant asshole, so it's probably a good place for him. I have never understood how he was able to have so much influence over the Linux community, it's very hard to escape from his systemd garbage.

The following users thanked this post: KaneTW

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
Poettering is an idiot and an arrogant asshole, so it's probably a good place for him. I have never understood how he was able to have so much influence over the Linux community, it's very hard to escape from his systemd garbage.

Buy a Mac, use FreeBSD, go cloud native on AWS. Problem solved!  :-DD

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
Thank fuck I own a Mac.
nah, you don't . there happens to be one in your home... you don't "own" it.
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, Karel

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
Thank fuck I own a Mac.
nah, you don't . there happens to be one in your home... you don't "own" it.

Oh I definitely own it. It doesn’t have a locked boot loader.

The iOS devices I’m renting for a monthly fee however and I am completely happy with that relationship.

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...

Once it's all done and over, and Microsoft has taken over Linux with its hordes of Windows users, will you either be the
new slave of the Microsoft empire or you will have found refuge under a tiny bridge, just next to the one where all the
FreeBSD trolls live, and where you'll then be telling tales of Linux's past.
The iOS devices I’m renting for a monthly fee however and I am completely happy with that relationship.
a proof that being a slave is ok... ;) but we will never admit that we are one. so much speculations, with the so many Linux branches...
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
Just remember when you go to a bar and get a drink you’re only renting it.

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
no, you are pouring it down the drain, well.. your soul is leased..
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Online Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
I only rent the water part.

Offline SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
I for one am glad that there are multiple OSes and distributions out there: harder for the money-grabbers and idiots to control them all.
And to anyone who wants the community to coalesce around a single one, I say simply Fuck You.

Yes. ;D

Online RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
Just remember when you go to a bar and get a drink you’re only renting it.

Please don't shitpost.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
I don't usually believe in tinfoil hat bullshit, but if someone is a reptilian, that would be Bill Gates. And if there is any sort of New World Order conspiracy, Microsoft definitely is the  main perpetrator.

I’ve actually met and spoken to Gates. He’s a businessman and a cunt but a lizard he is not.

I've actually met and spoken to Steve Ballmer. He was not a businessman and is a lizard. All other descriptions applied to Gates apply to him too, with the addition of the adjectives loud and mouthy.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
I don't usually believe in tinfoil hat bullshit, but if someone is a reptilian, that would be Bill Gates. And if there is any sort of New World Order conspiracy, Microsoft definitely is the  main perpetrator.

I’ve actually met and spoken to Gates. He’s a businessman and a cunt but a lizard he is not.

I've actually met and spoken to Steve Ballmer. He was not a businessman and is a lizard. All other descriptions applied to Gates apply to him too, with the addition of the adjectives loud and mouthy.

You forgot sweaty and mental.

Offline SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
Satya Nadella looks more tamed, but don't get tricked.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
You forgot sweaty and mental.

I took that as read.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor

This one really got the idiots on Hacker News going mental. Everyone bought the New Microsoft bullshit and were ambling around in circles flossing each other's genitals. Any dissident opinion, even as light as "um, you might want to wait a bit then form an opinion" was downvoted to death by MS staff voting rings. This amplified the whole thing.

Of course a few years down the line everyone is knee deep in rotting poop and telemetry and the developer community has pretty much bailed on the platform as a whole or have gone into full denial mode.

:-//

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor

Buy a Mac, use FreeBSD, go cloud native on AWS. Problem solved!  :-DD

You mean problem exchanged for a different problem. Windows, Mac, Linux, I use them all daily and they all piss me off in their own unique ways.

The following users thanked this post: newbrain, bd139

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
..telemetry..
another commonly bragged around speculations about its effect. i'm imagining someone who concerned about it is someone who do illegal or criminal stuffs but anyway... imho you dont have to worry about it, its either a good thing or it will just shot on the M$ foot if they do it in the wrong way. there are reasons why we would like to keep the older Windows as much as we can... Linux otoh is not "upgraded", it is "evolved" (with exception to a larger scale u-turning notion such as this systemd) so imho in Linux you got the illusion you have the latest version in your possession. i would like to see WinXP or Win7 to be "evolved" ymmv.

Everyone bought the New Microsoft bullshit..
i seldomly reveal this, not in a forum culture like this but i will say it anyway for your sake... i never "bought" M$ or any other related SWs past 2 or 3 digit price, even on those that can cost you arm and leg. so if the term is "slave", being their slave is a "good symbiotic relationship". otherwise i'll never be able to offer you some of my little utilities in my website for free. if you hate M$ then you must love me (for being a M$ parasite) ;) but then i'm a hobbiest lone ranger who dont profit anything from them (except on small portion of it) so i think my case can be considered, i will buy legit licenses when i become an enterprise, when? who knows?. on the contrary, those who got sucked by Mac's gimmick are the one who are real "slaves" and those normal users like me who use Linux are those that got stucked "under the tiny bridge" but please dont get offended its just my personal opinion based on my used case, and its a bit of exaggeration. its like me prefer blue just because i live by the sea and you love silver or grey just because you live in a city. cheers.

Online magic

• Super Contributor

This one really got the idiots on Hacker News going mental. Everyone bought the New Microsoft bullshit and were ambling around in circles flossing each other's genitals. Any dissident opinion, even as light as "um, you might want to wait a bit then form an opinion" was downvoted to death by MS staff voting rings. This amplified the whole thing.
It doesn't even matter who the figurehead is if the whole corporation is already set on a certain course. Firstly, the corporation chose that guy for some reason, so there is that, and secondly even if he personally opposed all the customer-hostile bullshit, guess what he is going to do when his analysts and managers say that this is the only way they know of staying profitable. Shareholder profit is the ultimate god.

It's Change We Can Believe In all over again; they could have learned something but they never will :-DD

downvoted to death by MS staff voting rings
I'm not even sure of that. Reading the Orange R*ddit, and not just the vote counts but also the arguments, left me with an impression that they really are insane enough to buy into any bullshit and hype as long as it's sufficiently optimistic, "positive" and world-changing. The drones who downvoted you did so because they themselves wanted to believe.

The following users thanked this post: bd139, SiliconWizard

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf