Author Topic: Netbeans dark theme for MPLAB-X?  (Read 4699 times)

Offline ricko_ukTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Netbeans dark theme for MPLAB-X?
« on: November 10, 2021, 12:21:50 am »
UPDATE - Reposted with a different question following some other suggestions

For the topic below, this link offers a solution but the URLs for the plugins mentioned in there do not work: https://askubuntu.com/questions/1235016/how-to-use-netbeans-in-dark-mode-with-the-darcula-theme

Hi,
I want to install a dark theme (not just change the text editor window background colour - but the full IDE background colour) on Netbeans as part of MPLAB-X but all the solutions online I have come across point to a number of plugins which do not seem available from the netbeans plugins page. Furthermore MPLAB's IDE (Netbeans 8.2?) does not have any Dark Them neither installed nor downloadable.

1) has anybody managed to install a full dark them for MPLAB-X?
2) MPLAB-X uses a much older version of Netbeans, where can I find Dark Themes like Darcula which are not available on the netbeans' plugin website anymore? They seem to have only plugins for the 2 most recent versions on their web page.

Thank you :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 12:59:12 am by ricko_uk »

Offline JPortici

• Super Contributor
Re: Netbeans dark theme for MPLAB-X?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 06:35:24 am »
Currently not possible. You can get almost everything in a dark theme, but some windows are unaffected (as in original netbeans) which results in a grand mess like having the structure in gray with dark labels and white text.
People from MHCP said that next version will be 6.00, but they didn't give a timeframe for release (we missed the current release cycle, the next one is in march)
What does this mean? Will they change the base IDE to be the current Apache Netbeans 13 or whatever? That would solve most if not all of the issues related to the old IDE, including this one, but.. who knows!

Offline ricko_ukTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 03:21:45 pm »
Thank you JPortici,

if you are interested Kalvin just replied to my other post here and I just tried and it works: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/programming/where-to-download-plugins-for-pre-apache-netbeans-8-2/?topicseen

From there you can get the URL to install in Netbeans according to your Netbean legacy version and pull all plugins as described in the link above in this thread.

The one that most people is Darcula (spelled like that). But there are other ones.

Thank you

Offline JPortici

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2021, 07:01:51 am »
Wonder if i should try again.. when i tried changing themes with darcula i had the most annoying experience (as i described, the window borders remained gray but the labels had their colour changed, all the windows with tables like the configuration window suffered the same fate, white table but the cell had background and text changed..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf