Author Topic: A look at my Symmetricom GPSDO / 10MHz reference (OCXO + Furuno receiver)  (Read 311612 times)

Offline Bad_Driver

• Regular Contributor
Re: A look at my Symmetricom GPSDO / 10MHz reference (OCXO + Furuno receiver)
« Reply #1350 on: April 17, 2021, 05:29:27 pm »
The last ice age is still 10 000 y ago (called Weichsel ice age I think).
At this time sea level was about 120 m deeper than today. Since this time the level is increasing, you can do the math...
Climate is changing since we got atmosphere on earth.

Would be worth doing real scientific research about the different contributors but not to believe swedish panic kids.

Engineers and scientist will develop and maybe rescue our world. But it is much harder to go thru this kind of university education than to become a news paper writer or a politician.

Online lamaral

• Contributor
« Reply #1351 on: April 28, 2021, 06:48:09 pm »
I found some patents filed by Samsung that describes a system very similar to the UCCM. The numbers are US8116405B2 and US20090034672A1.
The one described on the patents even have an Ethernet PHY.

Offline wkb

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1352 on: April 28, 2021, 07:52:30 pm »
I built a 2nd GPSDO for /P use (something to do with sofar vague plans to experiment on the microwave ham bands).

This one is a lot more compact than my shack/lab unit: no distribution amplifier but instead a passive Minicircuits 1:2 splitter, no OrangePi to run LadyHeather but just a simple DB9 plug to connect to the laptop serial port etc.  The Samsung UCCM I mounted sort-of vibration isolated using thin FR4 PCB.

Wilko

Offline wkb

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1353 on: April 28, 2021, 07:55:38 pm »
Below the SMA sits a TNC connector for the GPS antenna by the way.

Both the TNC and BNC 10MHz connectors sit recessed "Neutrik style"

Offline Bad_Driver

• Regular Contributor
Nice job!

One question - may be there is an answer elsewhere in this topic - my Samsung works fine! My Symmetricom
runs ok as well, but I got it "naked" without OCXO. It runs with an external TRIMBLE 12V OCXO on an external board
with external PSU. But I'm going to consolidate it in a leaner setup. (The TRIMBLE doesn't fit on the board)

Which (double oven) OCXOs can be used on the Symmetricom board nowadays? It seems that prices for OCXOs
are exploding and the market is nearly empty. Can I ask for advice?

Thanks B.D.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf