Author Topic: Alternatives to the BAS416  (Read 1372 times)

Offline TheUnnamedNewbieTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • mmwave RFIC/antenna designer
Alternatives to the BAS416
« on: February 23, 2018, 06:56:49 am »
Hi guys,
I'm working on a project where I would like to protect the input of some precision opamps from large differential voltages. To do so, I would like to use two antiparallel diodes on the inputs to limit the differential voltage possible.

The opamps in question are being used in a transimpedance configuration for a current-output DAC. As a result, leakage current must be very low. Because of this I was looking at using the BAS416 diode, which has reverse leakage in the order of pA. However, they seem to be all sold out on the distributors. Farnell, RS, Digikey, Mouser, all have none in stock.

Are there any alternatives that features similar extremely low leakage currents? Preferably in the same footprint since the PCBs are already out for manufacturing (stupid on my part, I know). In my case it does not have to be that extremely low, as my LSB corresponds to a few nA, but I would like to be sure that even in the worst case the diode will not be a limiting factor on my accuracy.

What are some similar parts to the BAS416 with regards to reverse leakage?
The best part about magic is when it stops being magic and becomes science instead

"There was no road, but the people walked on it, and the road came to be, and the people followed it, for the road took the path of least resistance"

Offline ArdWar

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Alternatives to the BAS416
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 08:39:10 am »

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
Re: Alternatives to the BAS416
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 05:25:02 pm »
Consider BAV199 dual-diodes.
The BAS45A is 1nA (in the dark, 125V) but a big through-hole part.

Beyond this you go to exotics like PAD "pico ampere diodes"

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf