Author Topic: Audio Spectrum Analyser, Sig Gen, LCR meter and more using Sound Card  (Read 5563 times)

Offline jimmcTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
I came across this website a while ago...
http://www.sillanumsoft.org/ZRLC.htm
I've used older versions the software for some time and the Spectrum Analyser works well,
the latest version has the facility to measure R, L & C with a simple external circuit (two OP-Amps and a few resistors + decoupling!).

Jim

Offline reyntjensm

• Regular Contributor
Re: Audio Spectrum Analyser, Sig Gen, LCR meter and more using Sound Card
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 03:27:41 pm »
Hello everyone,

This is my first post in the EEVblog forum. I'm already following Dave his youtube for years now and learned a lot from him! I now encountered an issue which i'm unable to solve and i hope somebody within this forum can help me further.
I'm working on a school project and i made an open source LCR meter https://www.element14.com/community/groups/open-source-hardware/blog/2019/07/23/building-an-lcr-meter following this thread. I made the PCB and tested this with a scope an signal generator and it works fine. When i try to get the software working with my scarlett 2I2 interface, i don't get it to work. When i try to calibrate i receive the following errors( see attachments). I have no idea how to solve this issue? I tried all the different settings and receive always the same result. Anyone who could help me further with this or can export his settings for this software using a focusrite scarlette 2i2?
I already tried to get i touch with the programmers for this software, with no luck.
I hope some genius here on the forum could help me further with this.
Thanks to you all!

Offline ogden

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 04:06:24 pm »
Which software version and operating system you use? Did you try other software versions? If not - try.

Offline reyntjensm

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 04:20:13 pm »
Dear jimmc,

Thank you for your reply. I forgot to mention what version i used.
Since the thread on element14 is using version 2014 i used the same version as in the thread, this doesn't work. Older and newer versions( 2011 and 2019) are not stable, i always receive a random error about floating point operation when i use those versions. The 2014 version looks stable. I'm using it on a windows 10 device and tried other computers and other sound cards. So it really has to do something with the software. I tried some other software package's i found online but also with no good result.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf