Author Topic: Building log for "EEZ BB3 Enclosure & Bare Boards"  (Read 15916 times)

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
Re: Building log for "EEZ BB3 Enclosure & Bare Boards"
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2021, 08:25:26 pm »
I removed capacitors that I thought are shorted, but the problem remained. Unfortunately, what happened is I misinterpreted picture from the thermal camera. It superimposes image from IR camera with normal camera. At close distances there is a misalignment (trap for young players). So, in reality it was LTC3864 that heated up. I ordered a replacement IC.

Offline prasimixTopic starter

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #101 on: April 08, 2021, 06:29:40 am »
If someone is still interesting: only three pcs of BB3 Enclosure & Bare Boards kit left on Crowd Supply which is the last quantity since we will no longer offer that kit version.

Offline DL8RI

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2021, 07:36:30 am »
Following Text was written before the... erm... lockdown of the forum (I still could write it, but when I wanted to post, the board was nuked :) ):
Hi All,

I'm a bit late to the party, had some other things occupying me (and had parts on back-order).
Today I managed to do the assembly of my EEZBox with the cards I had so far.
I'm missing both DCP405s. On them, I will start tomorrow.
1209681-0
So far, no real Issues. Except procuring the parts was a bit of a nightmare.

With the DCP220, I noticed, there is a reading <250mA if the current is low, is that a usual behaviour?
I calibrated it, and voltage and current are otherwise of acceptable precision. Had both channels (separately) run on ~60W for some minutes and it did not burst into flames.

In my package, I noticed today, one of the DC-Cables (MW PSU to card) is missing and I only have one of these green "push-in"-connectors.
Could you provide me the mouser-number for the exact connectors used, that would save me quite some searching as there's a ton of variants? :)

Other than that, it's a really nice kit. A lot of work, sure, but thanks to good documentation not really difficult.
Since there were some comments regarding soldering before:
I soldered all PCBs by hand and used 40Sn60Pb (0.5 mm wire). The ICs with a unreachable heatsink underneath were done on a hotplate with some hot air. Here, I pretinned the board before as I had no solder-paste on hand in that moment.

The following users thanked this post: prasimix

Offline DL8RI

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2021, 02:04:07 pm »
Okay, so. Now one of the 405s is working, Full load torture test has to wait, as the small heatsink is not glued yet, but calibration (incl. the 5A point) was successfully completed.
The other one is 99% complete, except for the IC1, I ordered only one instead of two (and I skipped assembly of Q1 and the post-regulator Qs to test the +-5V first).

I noticed one behaviour:
When I use the DC405 with a high-impedance load (none or a R&S UIG), I can not set the voltage to zero. It stays at about 0,2V.
If I load it with a bit of a higher impedance, it goes down.

This happens only in the low-current range.

Is this a normal phenomena, or should i go for hunting?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 02:47:54 pm by DL8RI »

The following users thanked this post: prasimix

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #104 on: April 11, 2021, 03:27:25 pm »
The notifications don’t seem to have recovered from the last disaster yet, so I’m a little late with the response:

When I use the DC405 with a high-impedance load (none or a R&S UIG), I can not set the voltage to zero. It stays at about 0,2V.
If I load it with a bit of a higher impedance, it goes down.

Yes, that is already discussed somewhere (probably on Discord server), and that is known issue for 0V/0A in Low current range (the same is valid for Best current range).

With the DCP220, I noticed, there is a reading <250mA if the current is low, is that a usual behaviour?

Yes, DCM220 cannot display currents accurately below 250 mA, hence is added "<" for low or no current.

In my package, I noticed today, one of the DC-Cables (MW PSU to card) is missing and I only have one of these green "push-in"-connectors.
Could you provide me the mouser-number for the exact connectors used, that would save me quite some searching as there's a ton of variants?

Thanks for mentioning the push-in connectors. Now I see that they were not listed in the MCU and DCP BOMs. You can find the part number at the bottom of the "Related parts and accessories" section here.

Offline DL8RI

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2021, 07:40:08 am »
Thank you for the answers.
The Molex-DC connectors your're using are this ones, right?
Mouser 538-39-01-3022

They are not mentioned in the BOMs, and I need to crimp one (and want to avoid iterations of ordering to mouser).

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2021, 08:13:27 am »
That's right. It is actually mentioned in BOM but in another place: https://github.com/eez-open/modular-psu/blob/master/enclosure/EEZ%20BB3%20r1B1%20BOM.pdf

Offline DL8RI

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2021, 08:18:58 am »
Oh, that BOM, I must have missed. Thanks a lot. :)

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2021, 06:23:56 am »
We have 9 pcs of STM32F769 used on MCU module for sale, if anyone is interested send us email on shop@envox.eu

Offline rthorntn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2023, 03:11:53 am »
Hi,

Anyone out there have a spare working MCU board for sale?

Thanks.
Richard

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf