Author Topic: Concord security panel codes retrieval from EEPROM  (Read 1136 times)

Offline risquateTopic starter

Concord security panel codes retrieval from EEPROM
« on: June 16, 2021, 11:10:26 pm »
Thanks latentsematincs for the great post and details on the same subject. This forum doesn't allow to comment there as it is too old post.

I followed everything to the letter but had no luck. My Concord panel is older circa year 2003 and I noticed that the EEPROM chip is located in the upper right corner of the PCB board whereas most of the pics posted online show it in the middle slightly to the left. Maybe the software is different for older boards as well and the location of the codes is at different places. I managed to dump the whole EEPROM content and viewed it with Hexdump32 viewer. Couldn't find anything that makes sense at locations 994, 995 , ... etc.

Attached is the dump of my EEPROM. You have to view it with Hex viewer to make sense of it. "Hexdump32" is free and easy to use. You can open it with a text editor as well but most of it (not all) will be non readable characters.

If someone has experience with older models like mine than I'll appreciate some additional info.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Manul

• Super Contributor
Re: Concord security panel codes retrieval from EEPROM
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 12:31:01 am »
Just a natural question, is this 24LC256? Why the size of the dump is 153068 bytes? There is no eeprom with such size. Maybe something is wrong with dump procedure?

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 01:20:27 am »
For a second I thought this would be about the supersonic jet... :o

I agree that something isn't right with that dump. There's plausible code-looking bits in there, scattered among lots of FF blocks. Areas of FF are normal on a non-full EEPROM as that's the default erased/blank state, but usually firmware isn't so fragmented like this.

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2021, 02:09:47 am »
Yes. I found a bug in the dumping program. Fixed now. Attached is the dump in friendly .txt format so that you don't need hex viewer to view it.

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2021, 02:41:19 am »
Hurray !!!! Success !!! Previous dump was corrupted by the Hex viewer. Attached is the correct one in.txt format. I managed to find 4 codes that all work. Marked them aa, bb, cc, dd (small caps) in the file. This is the only modification I did to protect my real codes. The real codes were at those locations. I know that aa is the Master Code and dd is the Installer code. Not sure what codes bb and cc are but I don't care at this point. The location of the codes is certainly different than the ones mentioned in other postings online. As I said my system is an older version of Concord circa year 2003. Hope this will help other users.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 03:03:02 am by risquate »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf