Electronics > Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff

Converting digital scope from usb connection to WiFi method

(1/2) > >>

phred01:
My aim is to use WiFi to carry the USB signalling but unsure how to achieve this goal. The Hantek 1008c scope uses a USB to connect to a PC or an Android tablet for display purposes. On hand have a TP-Link N150 WiFi printer sever that has a USB port. So would like to change the function from printer USB to scope USB operaton and create a virtual USB connection from the WiFi input. Any suggestions wold be greatly appreciated

magic:
USB/IP is supposedly a thing, but it may not be easy to install on a router because it needs kernel modules (which are unlikely to be included in the factory image).

I have never used it myself.

coromonadalix:
Would be nice to know why you want this solution

is it for insulation,  remote monitoring from a distance ....

not sure if a print server will go both ways efficiently, if the scope connects thru bluetooth, you have a range around 30 feet or less  ??

phred01:
The Hantek 1003c and 6022BE are USB only. It is very hard to keep out the interference generated by a computer If giving a lecture  anyone can log in with their phone and see on the screen the waveforms

darkspr1te:

--- Quote from: phred01 on May 18, 2022, 08:21:39 pm ---My aim is to use WiFi to carry the USB signalling but unsure how to achieve this goal. The Hantek 1008c scope uses a USB to connect to a PC or an Android tablet for display purposes. On hand have a TP-Link N150 WiFi printer sever that has a USB port. So would like to change the function from printer USB to scope USB operaton and create a virtual USB connection from the WiFi input. Any suggestions wold be greatly appreciated

--- End quote ---
I was looking at the same idea for the 1008c with the stm32f103c8 cpu, my initial idea was USB over IP but then i started looking at it in a different way and started making a flex cable pcb that will allow me to replace the cpu with a esp dev board. i've already dumped the stm32 firmware and will look at porting that to esp32 or just to C in general but it's looking easier to start from scratch. we shall see.

darkspr1te

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version