Author Topic: Counterfeit electronic components  (Read 19058 times)

Offline 4cx10000

• Regular Contributor
Re: Counterfeit electronic components
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2016, 05:35:05 pm »
I will order those high power resistors as the money involved wont hurt if they go up in smoke - I will let you know how it goes. I bought a rifle scope couple of years ago from China - Leupold clone - and when it finally came, after two month delivery time, it was like a banana in shape because of bad packaging. It did not cost much but had no intentions to mount it on my rifle since there where a great amount of chance to shot my self in the butt... Sent it back and got one in return and in good condition, but of course, it cannot be compared with the original. Well, that was a bit out of subject ... sorry
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 10:20:52 pm by 4cx10000 »

Offline MartinX

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2016, 10:03:00 pm »
The counterfeiters are particularly aggressive when it comes to audio components, on eBay you can get a seemingly endless supply of Toshiba and Sanken and Motorola output transistors, even the types that have been out of production for 15 years! Electrolytic capacitors are just as bad, Elna and Rubycon made a lot of special audio types some long out of production but the stock of the eBay sellers replenish forever.

If you by audio components from Chinese eBay sellers the risk of buying fake components are close to 100%

Offline Tomorokoshi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2016, 11:05:31 pm »
If you have a band saw or a milling machine, buy a few extra resistors and slice them apart.

Offline rolycat

• Super Contributor
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2016, 11:14:12 pm »
6Ah 18650 single cell battery on aliexpress.. yeah sure, the Chinese people have made the most dense 18650 in the world for 1$!!
That's yesterday's capacity. Thanks to the white heat of Chinese exaggeration innovation, 12000mAh cells are now available. These little gems are $1.28 each:

Although as the vendor thoughtfully warns, they can fire a series of disasters:

:scared:

Offline 4cx10000

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2016, 11:19:37 pm »
Tomorokoshi

If you have a band saw or a milling machine, buy a few extra resistors and slice them apart.

You bet I will, we got all that at work! I ordered 4 extra of each value - 2 and 4 ohms. I will use my power supply - TTi CPX400D - to make a quick test as well, lets see what happens.  ;D

Offline CraigHB

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2016, 06:18:27 pm »
That's yesterday's capacity. Thanks to the white heat of Chinese exaggeration innovation, 12000mAh cells are now available. These little gems are $1.28 each:

I'd like to see that one on a test rig, be lucky to see 1200mAh let alone 12,000.  My sister recently bought one of those power banks for charging phones and stuff from China.  It had 50,000mAh printed on it.  Yeah right, 5000mAh would probably be actual.  An order of magnitude goes way beyond exaggeration.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 06:20:06 pm by CraigHB »

Offline ICsAPA

« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2017, 06:41:55 pm »
Recently purchased some parts via eBay sourced from china, DFLS1100-7. Parts arrived and I noticed they came on a new reel with clear tape rather than anti static tape, the label did no match in layout or information the manufacture's el specs, so to make certain I brought these & known originals to a test house for X-ray comparison. The images did not match. (See attachment)I contacted seller to explain.  The seller stated with absolute confidence "don't worry parts will work".  I am pretty sure this was said because the seller truly thinks the parts they delivered were original even though they clearly were not. 99.9 percent of these Chinese sellers brokers distributors" have little to no quality control, no and anti static protection program. Some parts they sell may initially function and continue to function until such time when they fail because they encounter an event the original was designed to handle but the fake downgraded part was unable to withstand.

Most components coming through the grey market from China are not original and as I stated earlier the sellers don't even know it.  I have a friend who works as a professional buyer of electronic components who told me as of a few years ago that they completely stopped buying from grey market in China because over 85% of what they received were unable to pass incoming inspection, code words for fake.

An earlier post suggested that one of the message to determine whether a part was fake was based on the price. the post suggested if the price was close to reasonable the likelihood that the item was a fake would be low & if the price very low then the likelihood was very high the item would be fake. In my experience this is not valid. I have had great success buying on eBay from a USA based seller componenttradersllc they have never sold me a fake and I have gotten some great deals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf