Author Topic: Current consumption  (Read 551 times)

Offline fedimakniTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Current consumption
« on: April 15, 2021, 04:37:15 am »
Hello,

Currently i designed a battery power device and i made around 100 pcs. By measuring the power consumption i noticed that it consumes apprx from 6uA to 20uA in sleep mode. My question is why some devices consumes 6uA in sleep mode other consumes 13uA and other consumes 20uA while all devices have same component same software.
I know that there are leakage current for example capacitor and they are different by not as much as 3 times more for average values.

Thank you very much for your support

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
Re: Current consumption
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 05:43:24 am »
Are you using good parts from known reputable suppliers? Random cheap parts can be counterfeit or way off from the published specs. Is there conductive flux or other contamination on the PCB? You might try removing parts and checking the current, find out if it's something like a voltage regulator, leaky capacitor or the microcontroller causing the current draw.

Offline David Hess

• Super Contributor
  • DavidH
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 02:39:35 am »
Standby current for some ICs can vary that much.

Offline Miti

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 03:05:07 am »
Hello,

Currently i designed a battery power device and i made around 100 pcs. By measuring the power consumption i noticed that it consumes apprx from 6uA to 20uA in sleep mode. My question is why some devices consumes 6uA in sleep mode other consumes 13uA and other consumes 20uA while all devices have same component same software.
I know that there are leakage current for example capacitor and they are different by not as much as 3 times more for average values.

Thank you very much for your support

What parts are you using? Maybe the maximum sleep current is 20uA and you’re just lucky that some take only 6uA.
Fear does not stop death, it stops life.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf