Electronics > Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff

Designing Metal project enclosures

(1/6) > >>

Sarvesaa:
Hi guys, I have recently made a variable power supply with 0.050-24 V and 0-2A current limiting function. I tested it and it works perfectly as intended.I also decided to put some standard set voltages like 3V,5V,12V on the front panel of the power supply.
I am planning to use ADS1115 for voltage and Current measurement use 16*2 display controlled by atmega 328P.

I am planning to give it a metal enclosure. I want some of your advice about that. I going to use sheet metal thickness 1mm
The enclosure's dimensions:
Length 180mm
Height 110mm
Breadth 200mm

rdl:
Buy something off the shelf and design/modify your project to fit it. It will save you many headaches and a lot of time.

rdl:
One thing I'll add, whether you buy or go ahead and build your own, try and make sure any parts/panels where you'll need to drill or cut openings is a completely flat and separate part.

Those 2 piece boxes where one part is the top and sides and the other forms the front, back and bottom are a real pain to work on. Anything but drilling a simple hole can get really awkward.

coppercone2:
a good break is expensive and you should probably buy boxes

ajb:
Seconding what rdl said.  It’s worth looking at extruded aluminum housings as well, if you can find ones that are large enough, the factory end caps can be replaced with your own metal parts or even PCBs, and the usually have a bunch of internal slots that can support PCBs or metal carrier plates for internal parts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version