Author Topic: DIY SCPI programmable dual channel bench PSU 0-50V/3A (now EEZ H24005)  (Read 453821 times)

Offline Burning Circuits

• Contributor
Re: DIY SCPI programmable dual channel bench PSU 0-50V/3A (now EEZ H24005)
« Reply #1125 on: June 01, 2020, 09:42:14 am »
I want to realize a breakout board based on the LTC3864 with only the low-power components.
The high power component (coil, mosfet, schottky, output capacitors, ecc.) would be external for testing.

But in the envox page, the mod told me that it could be a complete waste of time, because the slightest difference in the placement of the trace can make a huge difference.
There is no possibility to make a breakout board based on a buck IC without integrated switch?

Could be wast of time also if I realize the BB board also with the high power component and remote only the v-sense direct to the post regulator?

In the PC power supply, for example, I noticed that the DC-DC converters IC are mounted on a separated PCB.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 11:42:40 am by Burning Circuits »

Offline prasimixTopic starter

• Supporter
    • EEZ
« Reply #1126 on: June 01, 2020, 05:15:16 pm »
I did a similar thing when I tested the new switchers for power pre-regulator for the DCP405 module from the BB3 project. The complete pre-regulator is on its own PCB which goes to the main PCB where the remaining circuits are (i.e. bias pre-regulator, post-regulator, digital control, etc.). Switchers of interest were TPS54560 and LM5145.
Schematics and PCBs in Eagle are in attachment. Please note that due to limited space and just 2-layers both of them requires additional cooling for max. current (5 A).

Offline Burning Circuits

• Contributor
« Reply #1127 on: June 02, 2020, 02:52:51 pm »
I did a similar thing when I tested the new switchers for power pre-regulator for the DCP405 module from the BB3 project. The complete pre-regulator is on its own PCB which goes to the main PCB where the remaining circuits are (i.e. bias pre-regulator, post-regulator, digital control, etc.). Switchers of interest were TPS54560 and LM5145.
Schematics and PCBs in Eagle are in attachment. Please note that due to limited space and just 2-layers both of them requires additional cooling for max. current (5 A).

Thank you very much

The following users thanked this post: prasimix

Offline Dwaine

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1128 on: February 08, 2021, 08:26:32 am »
Just following up with my own EEZ PSU H24005.   It's still going strong without any failure.   I use it all the time and it has not failed me once.\

Thanks for designing a great power supply.

The following users thanked this post: prasimix

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf