Author Topic: Synchro nomenclature (RH, RL, R1, R2, Com, Line)  (Read 2384 times)

Offline ManulTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Synchro nomenclature (RH, RL, R1, R2, Com, Line)
« on: October 04, 2021, 02:59:04 pm »
Long story short, I have a synchro bearing repeater (active, with amp) which was rebuilt. The aligment is unknown. I have digital synchro simulation device, reference generator, all good and ready to do aligment. But the designators for reference are like this: simulator "RH" and "RL", bearing repeater "Com" and "Line".

So the question is, do you think RH = Com and RL = Line, or vise versa? Obviously, if I connect wrong, I will align the device 180 deg off. In some sources they also use "R1" and "R2" as reference designators.

I hate this nomenclature and I hate these synchro systems, built before I was even born (really needed to vent).

Offline jmelson

• Super Contributor
Re: Synchro nomenclature (RH, RL, R1, R2, Com, Line)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 03:16:12 pm »
I think RH is Rotor High, and RL is Rotor Low.  It is not obvious from these labels what the right connection should be.  I think you will have to dig up the manuals for these devices to be sure how they should be connected for proper phasing.

Jon

Offline ManulTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: Synchro nomenclature (RH, RL, R1, R2, Com, Line)
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 03:37:13 pm »
I think RH is Rotor High, and RL is Rotor Low.  It is not obvious from these labels what the right connection should be.  I think you will have to dig up the manuals for these devices to be sure how they should be connected for proper phasing.

Jon

I have no manuals, nothing at all. Searched web quite a lot about designators, but was not able to find how these different designators correlate to each other. It is not a tragedy to align it 180 deg off, client can just switch reference wires, but still it would impact my credibility to send them "inverted" bearing repeater.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf