Electronics > Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff

E14 Lamp Keeps Coming Unscrewed

<< < (3/4) > >>

Ian.M:
I *THOUGHT* Langwadt meant squeeze the bulbholder, which would work if its (a) accessible, and (b) a formed metal shell rather than something like ceramic with a spring side contact.  Personally, I thought the odds were pretty low so I didn't bother suggesting that.

SeanB:
The holders also are available with an integrated lamp, so all you do is replace the holder with the integrated lamp version. I have a good collection from scrapped ovens that I use, so never really have to actually buy a lamp for them, but the easiest solution is to take a small flat blade screwdriver and slightly deform the top turn of the socket, so it has a lot of resistance to the lamp screwing loose, keeping it in place.

paul_g_787:
Well it turns out that the JEGS brand lamps were the problem. I bought a Status branded one from Tesco and no issue with the lamp unscrewing.

So I think I will steer clear of the JEGS brand lamps.

Alti:
I do not think this is a problem of particular brand. These type of threads are not intended to be used in environment where vibration is a factor. If you take a look at E40 sockets used for street lighting, these have a spring just to prevent that (clearly an afterthought). If you want vibration-proof, use mating that is designed for such environment (look automotive).

james_s:
It's entirely possible that one particular brand of lamp has slightly smaller bases than others, everything seems to get smaller and thinner and cheaper all the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version