Author Topic: Equilavent component  (Read 764 times)

Offline tlhsglmTopic starter

• Contributor
Equilavent component
« on: August 16, 2022, 02:02:11 pm »
Hi,

I have a broken 74AHCT1G14GW-Q100, i want to replace it but in my country there is no seller. If i purchase from another country i have to wait and cost will be much higher.

I want to find equilavent if there is. Also learn how to find equilavent components, could you please help me out?

Offline Bassman59

• Super Contributor
  • Yes, I do this for a living
Re: Equilavent component
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 02:58:07 pm »
Hi,

I have a broken 74AHCT1G14GW-Q100, i want to replace it but in my country there is no seller. If i purchase from another country i have to wait and cost will be much higher.

I want to find equilavent if there is. Also learn how to find equilavent components, could you please help me out?

The data sheet for that part tells you the functionality, the pinout and the environmental conditions it can withstand. Q100 means it's certified for use in automotive applications. Otherwise the part is a simple single-gate Schmitt trigger inverter in a TSSOP. There are your specs.

The real question is whether the cost of waiting for the part exceeds the utility of the device it's in. If you need that thing to work, you really have no choice. Mouser has 69 pieces right now. Fifty cents each. So what if it costs $20 to ship them to you? Do you need the thing working or not?

Offline tlhsglmTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 06:43:31 am »
I didn't know the meaning of Q100, thanks.

I want to try it with a piece that can be equivalent. Is there any other way but to find this manually by comparing the datasheets of the single-gate Schmitt trigger inverter in a TSSOPs? Sites or software that make this comparison?

I want to sell the circuit, so I'm looking for a cheaper way solution. More importantly, I want to gain the ability to find equivalent parts in the current chip crisis period.

Offline exmadscientist

• Frequent Contributor
  • Technically A Professional
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2022, 08:33:04 am »
Are you trying to substitute a part in a design or repair a board/boards? Both have their challenges.

The basic structure of logic parts is not too hard. Your part is the 74AHCT1G14, automotive qualified, in a SOT353 package (which has many other names; that's a whole other discussion). Breaking it down:
  • Whether you need automotive qualified parts is something for you to decide. The parts are identical except for screening/testing/etc.
  • 1G14 is a single Schmitt trigger inverter. Best to keep this the same. In certain circuits the 1G04 inverter might be suitable.
  • AHCT is the logic family: Advanced High-Speed CMOS, TTL-Compatible
  • Advanced CMOS is rarely necessary, it is often the case that HC/HCT works just as well. But not always.
  • TTL compatibility, again, may or may not be needed. It is more useful if 5V logic is around somewhere, and less useful if it is not.
So there are four parts I would consider, sticking to 1G14s and ignoring AEC-Q100 automotive qualification:
  • 74AHCT1G14
  • 74HCT1G14
  • 74AHC1G14
  • 74HC1G14
All are available from at least one manufacturer, often more than one. Be sure the correct package is also available. There are other parts still if those are not suitable, but their appropriateness is harder to judge without schematics.

You will need to know the design rather well to make many of these decisions. If you are repairing something, well, all it has to do is work well enough for your buyer, once.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 08:35:52 am by exmadscientist »

The following users thanked this post: tlhsglm

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2022, 12:55:51 pm »
Another thing to note about TTL-Compatible is, it's often used to interface 3V, with 5V logic. This is because 3V, is valid TTL level and will work with a an (A)HCT gate, which will output 5V logic levels.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf