Author Topic: Fluke EtherScope II update software  (Read 5960 times)

Offline menkelisTopic starter

• Contributor
Fluke EtherScope II update software
« on: November 20, 2018, 02:59:50 pm »
Anybody have in there archives update software for EtherScope II they can send me?
This has long been removed from Fluke website.

Offline TOMTEL

Re: Fluke EtherScope II update software
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 09:52:16 am »
Hi

What version do you have?

I have 5.0.15

Tom

Offline dhlcomp

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 07:29:53 pm »
Hi Tom

I have an old Etherscope 2 also, do you still by any chance have the 5.0.15 software to share?

Regards
Dav

Offline JLClark

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2022, 02:12:48 am »
Did you ever find what you were looking for?

Offline mondegreen

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2022, 10:25:14 pm »
Likewise, any chance you could upload higher? I'm running 1.6.0!

Offline JLClark

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2022, 01:57:46 am »
PM sent.

The following users thanked this post: mondegreen

Offline Bake

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2022, 11:35:51 pm »
Would you be able to share it with me as well?
Thanks!

Offline JLClark

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2022, 11:58:49 pm »
PM sent.

Offline gchafee

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2022, 07:50:47 pm »
Hello,

I am not sure if this is too old of a thread, but I have EtherScope II Software version 3.0.02. Is there any chance you might be able to send me a copy of your updated software? Is there any chance the older Etherscope I units can be updated or repaired (I can't find out anything about them)?

Also, have you seen the WiFi card for sale? I have been having issues with certain WiFi items (especially security cameras and Amazon Echo devices). I was hoping I could monitor the traffic and see what is happening. I am almost ready to change my entire WiFi network from DHCP to static IP's since I seem to have strong signal strength, but they keep losing their IP information.

Thanks,

Jerry

Offline EK701

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2022, 05:02:15 pm »
I am also looking for 5.0.15 for an Etherscope II.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Online alm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2022, 09:39:29 pm »
Also, have you seen the WiFi card for sale? I have been having issues with certain WiFi items (especially security cameras and Amazon Echo devices). I was hoping I could monitor the traffic and see what is happening. I am almost ready to change my entire WiFi network from DHCP to static IP's since I seem to have strong signal strength, but they keep losing their IP information.
I highly doubt that a WiFi card for such an old device will support current WiFi standards. Probably just 802.11 a/b/g or something like that. I would recommend looking into software tools like wireshark for that. In Linux, using a tool like airmon-ng together with wireshark you can listen to wireless traffic.

If you want to look at the "physical" layer, like overlap between channels, then there are smartphone apps that do an okay job, although I'm sure a version of the EtherScope supporting current WiFi standards would be better. If you want to look at other interference sources, then a spectrum analyzer covering the appropriate bands might be better.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 01:27:48 pm by alm »

Offline kondor256

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2022, 01:09:08 pm »
Hi there!
If anybody can share firmware 5.0.15, send me please....

Offline gchafee

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2022, 04:29:03 pm »
You make a valid point regarding the Wi-Fi card, as the EtherScope I or II only used a card that worked on 802.11a/b/g. I am not sure if there was a card that would work which would go up to 802.11n. I was hoping I could find what card they use as maybe I could get a different brand other than the Fluke PCMCIA or PC Card to work. Another issue is my EtherScope II would need an upgrade "code" that is normally supplied by "Flukenetworks.com" which appears to be no longer active.

I do have both an 802.11g and an 802.11n network (both are due to the supplied Technicolor TC8717T cable modem/router/Wi-Fi from Spectrum), but the offending items are on the 802.11g network to give me a stronger signal and longer distance. I live in a rural area with very little interference from other nearby networks. I know I could move to a better wireless router as I have some "commercial" Cisco units as well as standard Linksys and other "home" Wi-Fi routers, but the Technicolor Wi-Fi router has what seems to be a very good easily understood firewall system in place. I found that it was set up for DHCP to renew leases every day, so I changed it to weekly and most of my problems followed the new lease times. This is why I am thinking of just forcing all items to use the lower 200 static IP addresses and allow the occasional oddball Wi-Fi unit I may be testing to grab a DHCP lease from the upper 54 numbers.

The Amazon Echo devices seem to have a weak signal as another close by Wi-Fi connection (like a cell phone using Wi-Fi), will cause it to lose its connection. I thought of using extenders to increase my range and signal strength, but any extenders will not keep the exact same Wi-Fi name (they append a number). Unfortunately, my home security system wants to connect all cameras to the same named subnet.  The commercial Cisco units are more complex than I need as they are designed for a commercial enterprise system with server validation of all connections, so they are a little too complicated.

Sorry for such a long message, but I was hoping someone may understand my concerns.

Online alm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2022, 05:13:55 pm »
This is drifting away from the EtherScope topic, but my suggestion is to put a wired access point with the same ssid and security settings as your router closer to the problematic devices. You can either buy a dedicated access point or look upbhow to make a router work like an access point (disable DHCP, UPnP etc).
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 05:42:34 pm by alm »

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2022, 05:34:52 pm »
why the firmware is not hosted ???  to be accessed easily without asking for it in a pm ?

Offline gchafee

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2022, 08:03:43 pm »
I was going to do as you stated but wanted to set it up as a repeater. Unfortunately, to do that I either need to change the ssid, or the repeater must be made to understand that it is just to repeat and not get into a mess bouncing info between the main router and the repeater in a circle. That is why when I tried to make a repeater work, the security cameras did not want to connect to the second ssid. They are for an Abode alarm system, and they have it where they scan a 3-D bar code to set up the connection info. I guess I could break the alarm system off the Technicolor Wi-Fi system and switch it to a Linksys system where I have Wi-Fi repeaters all ready to be placed online.

Online alm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2022, 09:33:18 pm »
That's why I suggested a wired access point, not a wireless repeater. A wireless repeater needs to simultaneously send to one wireless network and receive from the other, so I can see why they can't share the same SSID. But with wired access points there is no such restriction, this is how large wifi networks are built. Just make sure the channels don't overlap. If you need more help with this, then I suggest looking for a networking/computer related forum, and not an electronics forum.

This is my last post on this topic here, because it's off-topic and I'm repeating myself.

Offline touyhj

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2022, 06:13:09 pm »
Does anyone have the latest firmware version for the Fluke Etherscope II that they can send me?
thanks
tony

Offline tsengs

• www.twmns.com
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2022, 06:45:12 am »
Hi Tom

I have an old Etherscope 2 also, do you still by any chance have the 5.0.15 software to share?

Regards
Thanks.

Offline Zyvek

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2022, 08:34:47 pm »
Did anyone ever get a link for firmware 5.0.15? Thanks
-Z

Offline Bake

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2023, 05:43:32 pm »
I did sent u all PMs

The following users thanked this post: coromonadalix

Offline michaelp713

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2023, 06:57:23 pm »
Looking for a link too, mine is still on 1.6

Offline Sergey S.

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2023, 11:27:15 pm »
Hello.  Please send me firmware 5.0.15 too.  I will be very grateful

Offline Berendonline

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2023, 09:22:34 am »
Can i get a download link for version 5.0.15 please?

Offline Sergey S.

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2023, 12:19:58 am »
Looks like what we're looking for, but I haven't tested yet.
https://archive.org/details/ether-scope-v-5

The following users thanked this post: coromonadalix

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf