Electronics > Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff

Frequency Generation: Crystals and Ring Oscillators

(1/1)

Hugoneus:
Dear EEVbloggers:

After having been away for the past month, I am back producing more videos: (This next Ep. is 55 minutes long!)

In this episode Shahriar takes a look at the challenges associated with signal generation for the purposes of timekeeping. More specifically he digs deep into the workings of crystal oscillators and even takes apart some vintage crystals to reveal whats inside! He also shows how this type of circuits can be characterized and compares the performance of a crystal oscillator with that of a ring oscillator under temperature and power supply variations.

Please visit:
http://www.TheSignalPath.com

Also please consider going to the YouTube channel, leaving a comment rating the videos. This will help us get the Partner status so we don't have to keep splitting the videos up.

Cheers!

Hugoneus:
Please also feel free to let me know what you thought of the episode on this forum.

Rufus:
Interesting enough. I had never seen a crystal you could dismantle although I have a couple of glass cased ones.

I think your audience target wanders a bit. Someone who needs the difference between a crystal and semiconductor ring oscillator explained is unlikely to know what a spectrum analyzer is, never mind understand what it is showing him.

Hugoneus:
I know what you mean. It kind of wondered a little. Perhaps I should put tags on the videos to describe the level of each video and try to stick to that level.

Thanks for the feedback.

plesa:
Thanks for this kind of practical vids. Thumbs up!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version