Electronics > Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff

FU-Dyson-BMS - An (Unofficial) Firmware Upgrade for Dyson V6/V7 Vacuum BMS

<< < (25/27) > >>

PaWill68:
Thanks for the reply. I have already compiled in Ubuntu. But the file size was 40 KB, everything works, but the diodes are a complete mess.
I also tried to create an open-dyson-battery project. It is compiled without errors, but the size of the HEX file is 4 kbytes. After the firmware, the battery shows no signs of life.

tinfever:

--- Quote from: PaWill68 on April 15, 2024, 08:03:29 pm ---Thanks for the reply. I have already compiled in Ubuntu. But the file size was 40 KB, everything works, but the diodes are a complete mess.
I also tried to create an open-dyson-battery project. It is compiled without errors, but the size of the HEX file is 4 kbytes. After the firmware, the battery shows no signs of life.

--- End quote ---

40.5KB is correct. That is the size of my published version. This is due to the encoding. Intel .hex file is not a raw binary. You can open it in a normal text editor so I think it is ASCII encoded inside. I'm not sure what you mean about the diodes.

By the way, you shouldn't need to compile it yourself unless you want to make changes or are doing it out of curiosity.

PaWill68:

--- Quote from: tinfever on April 15, 2024, 05:55:26 pm ---the LED codes will be different or nonsensical.

--- End quote ---
Sorry, when I said diodes, I meant LED.
Can you explain to me why it is not possible to compile a working HEX from the project https://github.com/tinfever/open-dyson-battery

tinfever:

--- Quote from: PaWill68 on April 16, 2024, 06:17:19 am ---
--- Quote from: tinfever on April 15, 2024, 05:55:26 pm ---the LED codes will be different or nonsensical.

--- End quote ---
Sorry, when I said diodes, I meant LED.
Can you explain to me why it is not possible to compile a working HEX from the project https://github.com/tinfever/open-dyson-battery

--- End quote ---

Ah, I understand now. That open-dyson-battery project is just an unchanged git fork I made of someone else's project. I can't remember why I forked it but I never did anything with it. You should ignore that.

sukiyakh:
Thank you. Thank you very much for your help. I saw the file you sent. Thank you very much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version