Author Topic: Gbe signal switch suggestions  (Read 459 times)

Offline rfdesTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Gbe signal switch suggestions
« on: June 23, 2021, 01:01:25 am »
Hi -
I need some suggestions as to how to electrically disconnect differential Ethernet signals (Gbe) from a physical  connector.  Basically a high speed analog switch that can handle the bandwidth and provide adequate off isolation.  This seems like a simple in principle design task but I'm struggling to come up with an acceptable topology.  I suppose one could use an RF relay but I would rather use a semiconductor solution.  I cannot seem to find any analog switches that would provide an acceptable solution.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Jim

Offline TheMG

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Gbe signal switch suggestions
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 01:20:48 am »
It would help if we had more details as to exactly what you're trying to accomplish.

Most ethernet switch ICs and ethernet PHY ICs do have the capability to enable/disable each Ethernet interface. So why not use a switch IC?

Offline rfdesTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Gbe signal switch suggestions
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 03:22:32 pm »
Thanks for the responses.  Yes, I should have been more clear in my original post.  After my post, I found several parts that are designed to do what I want.  That is to simply multiplex the signals.  The Pericom PI3L110 part appears to be just what I need.  Maxim also sells several LAN mux parts MAX4890-MAX4892.  I believe this will solve my problem.
Jim

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf