Author Topic: Home Brew Analog Computer System  (Read 139894 times)

Offline GKTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: Home Brew Analog Computer System
« Reply #325 on: January 13, 2017, 07:59:04 am »
Now all you need is 3 push button paddles, one for each border, to manually add energy back into the bounce only when struck exactly at the right time changing this into some sort of user game, or pushing just prior to the ball hitting it's border stealing it's energy slowing it down further.

What I really need is 48 hours in a day, LOL. What you describe would be quite easy. Window comparators could detect the boundary-proximity. Pressing any button would trigger a monostable, the brief output pulse of which, dependent on the window comparator status, would inject a pulse of either positive or negative current into both the x and y circuit velocity integrators; thus either incrementally speeding the ball up or slowing it down. To make a game of it though my preference would be to introduce some logic to produce a movable paddle and implement a Pong-like game.
Bzzzzt. No longer care, over this forum shit.........ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline GKTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: Home Brew Analog Computer System
« Reply #326 on: June 29, 2019, 06:15:42 am »
Time flies.

I am finally getting stuck into this project again and hope to make some major progress in the coming months, having a whole bunch of chassis underway. Just soldered the remaining parts to the regulator board for the +/-100V Reference Supply chassis, which has been sitting dormant on the shelf for over 3 years now. Seems to work as intended. The reference for the regulator is a good old LM399 and this thing wasn't designed to set any benchmarks for ultra low noise, but to just have a decent degree of stability and negligible mains ripple/hum. Drift under load over several hours of initial testing, sitting on my bench, has been well under 1mV.

Now that I have a new toy (Keysight 34460A) I can properly calibrate stuff and characterize all of my non-linear modules to a decent degree of accuracy. 

« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 06:20:06 am by GK »
Bzzzzt. No longer care, over this forum shit.........ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The following users thanked this post: 3roomlab

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf