Author Topic: HP 8594E Replacing the green CRT with LCD  (Read 18118 times)

Online MitiTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: HP 8594E Replacing the green CRT with LCD
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2023, 03:04:29 am »
Have you considered making it commercially available, or would you have one or two spare boards that I could purchase from you?

Yes, I have. Unfortunately for awhile most of the parts were not available anywhere on the planet. At this moment they are back in stock except for the central piece, the FPGA. I have 4 boards in total, 2 Ver.1 with FPGA in TQFP144 package and 2 Ver.3 with BGA. Ver.2 was never built, it added a hole for the power pad of the TQFP but then I moved to BGA package. I could make one Ver.1 available but I'll have to port the code from the BGA to the TQFP (I abandoned the TQFP code after I changed the package but this shouldn't be too hard) and test it thoroughly.
PM me to discuss.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 03:07:31 am by Miti »
Fear does not stop death, it stops life.

Online MitiTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2023, 06:51:02 pm »
And I was wrong. I’ve checked last night and all the boards are running the latest version of software. I thought I stopped updating the one for the TQFP but I have not. If you decide you want one, I’ll prepare the cables, the resistor you need to solder on the main board and some instructions.
Fear does not stop death, it stops life.

The following users thanked this post: jwrodgers

Offline jwrodgers

• Supporter
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2023, 01:39:37 pm »
Thank you, I'll get a look at it this week and let you know. If it is CRT gone, would love a LCD upgrade for it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf